The NDA exam is conducted twice in a year. The notification for the 1st phase of NDA 2022 was released on 22nd December 2021, its last date of application being on January 11, 2022. The exam is stated to take place on April 10, 2022.
The notification for the second exam will be released on May 18 2022. The last date of application will be on June 14, 2022. The exam will take place on September 4, 2022.
Candidates must take special precautions while filling the application form for the NDA Exam. Hence the instructions in this article must be carefully noted by the candidate
Candidates preparing for the other Defence Exams can find the following like useful
Instructions to fill NDA Application form
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in .
- The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) [except SC/ST candidates and those specified] either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using any Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
- Candidates should also have details of one photo ID viz. Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ School Photo ID/Any other photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government.
- The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form.
- The same photo ID card will also have to be uploaded with the Online Application Form. This photo ID will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for examination/SSB.
- Before filling up an Online Application, a candidate must have his photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB in size for the photograph and signature.
- Before filling up an Online Application, a candidate must have his photo identity card document in PDF format only. The digital size of a PDF file should not exceed 300 KB and must not be less than 20 KB.
- Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. In case of multiple applications, the applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active Email Ids as the Commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of the examination process.
- The applicants are advised to check their e-mails at regular intervals and ensure that the email addresses ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of online application.
- Moreover, the Commission has introduced a provision of withdrawal of application for the candidate, who does not want to appear at the Examination, he/she may withdraw his/her application.
Frequently Asked Question about NDA Exam
Who can apply for NDA Vacancies?
NDA vacancies are released for unmarried male candidates in different branches of National Defence Academy and National Academy cadet entry for which candidates who have completed 12th and are between 16.5-19 years of age can apply for the NDA exam.
What is the objective of NDA?
NDA is a joint training service academy of armed forces of India where all three forces army, navy, and air force got their candidates, who thereafter join respective fields as a higher rank officer.
Find more links related to the NDA and other Defence Exams in the links given below: