NCERT solutions class 4 EVS is one of the prominent books for the 4th grade students studying in the CBSE board. Environmental Studies (EVS) is solicitous with the research, observation and evolution of comprehending of the human, natural, cultural and social aspects of broader and local environments. This is the NCERT Solutions Class 4 EVS Chapter 14- Basva’s Farm.
NCERT Solutions Class 4 EVS Chapter 14 Basva’s Farm:-Download PDF Here
Access NCERT Class 4 EVS Chapter 14 Basva’s Farm Solutions
NCERT Textbook Page No. – 113
1. In Basva’s area an implement called Khunti is used to loosen the soil. What is the kind of implement called in your area? Draw it and discuss.
The implement used to loosen the soil in my area is called Khunti.
2. Find out from a farmer or some elders in your family, what kinds of crops are grown in your area.
Vegetables, mustard, rice, gram, maize, wheat etc. are the crops grown in my area.
NCERT Textbook Page No. – 114
3. What other ways could be used to plough the fields instead of animals. Discuss.
Tractors can be used to plough the fields instead of animals.
NCERT Textbook Page No. – 115
4. Draw any crop which you have seen in the field.
5. Basva helps his father in the field. Do you help the elders in your family in their work? What do you help with?
Yes, I help elders in my family in their work. I help my father in buying daily essentials for our house and my mother in cleaning the house.
NCERT Textbook Page No. – 116
6. Do you enjoy doing that work?
Yes, I enjoy doing that work.
NCERT Textbook Page No. – 116
Write answers in your notebook
1. Why is Basva not able to attend school for some days?
Basva is not able to attend school for some days as he needs to help his father with his field work.
2. Are there any fields near your house? What is grown there?
Yes, there is a field near my house. Crops are grown in that field.
3. Basva’s Appa takes the onions to the market in a truck. Think, how would fruits and vegetables be taken to another place, if there were no proper roads.
It is very difficult to carry fruits and vegetables if there were no proper roads. In the previous years, people carried fruits, vegetables and crops to the market in bullock carts, boats, donkeys etc.
4. What kind of vehicles are used to carry fruits and vegetables? Draw a picture of one of these vehicles in your notebook.
Thela, Rikshaw, Tempo, Trucks and Tractors etc. are used to carry fruits and vegetables.
NCERT Textbook Page No. – 117
Find out and write
1. Given here are pictures of some implements used by Basva’s family. Write the names of the implements. Also write what these are called in your area? What work are they used for?
NCERT Textbook Page No. – 118
2. Many steps are needed to grow crops. Look at the pictures and mark them in the correct order.
3. Find out about a crop that is grown in your area. Also find out the steps that are part of this work. Draw them in your notebook.
Rice, wheat, mustard, vegetables etc. are grown in my area.
Should be done by the students.
The above – mentioned points are an example of the illustration questions NCERT class 4 EVS chapter 14 comprises of. To learn more about the chapters refer the solution given above.