The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts an annual examination to recruit some of the best minds to work in various nationalised banks across the country. One post for which the IBPS exam is conducted is for the SO post (Specialised Officer).
The IBPS SO exam comes with a fair share of stringent eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the candidates. In particular this article, will give details about the Age Limit criteria set for the IBPS SO Exam.
|Candidates preparing for the Government Exams can find the following links useful:|
Age Limit Criteria for IBPS SO 2021 – 2022
As per the IBPS SO notification released in 2021, a candidate must be minimum 20 years of age and maximum 30 years of age. In short, a candidate should be born after 02.11.1990 and before 01.11.2000 to meet the eligibility criteria.
The Institution of Banking Personnel Selection has also set certain age relaxation criteria for candidates belonging to certain categories. The details of this age relaxation are given in the table below:
|IBPS SO Age Limit Relaxation|
|SC/ST Candidates||5 years|
|OBC category from the non-creamy layer||3 years|
|Persons With Disabilities:
|Person Domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir Between 1980-1989||5 years|
|1984 Riot Victims||5 years|
Points to be remembered with regards to IBPS SO Age Limit:
- Upper age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC categories are on a cumulative basis
- The specified age limit is applicable to General Category and Economically Weaker Candidates.
- To get age relaxation, the required documents need to be submitted at the time of interview or any subsequent stage of the recruitment process
- Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming under creamy layer are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as General in the online application form. The candidate should possess a valid OBC certificate with Non-creamy layer clause as per the Government of India guidelines, from time to time.
- If an ex-serviceman applies for various vacancies before joining any civil employment, he/she can avail of the benefit of reservation as an ex-serviceman for any subsequent employment.
To know more about Bank exams, candidates can visit the linked article.