NABARD, the National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development, conducts Grade A and Grade B exams for Assistant Manager (Grade A Officer) and Manager (Grade B Officer), respectively. Both the positions hold significant responsibilities.
The NABARD Grade A exam is conducted in 3 phases – Prelims (Phase 1), Mains (Phase 2), and Interview (Phase 3). The prelims syllabus for Grade A and Grade B differ, but the Grade B exam syllabus is the same for all posts. The only difference is that there is an extra paper in Development Economics, Statistical analysis, Finance based topic, and topics on Management.
Every year lakhs of candidates appear for various bank exams conducted in the country. The syllabus and exam pattern for these posts have a few things in common for the banking sector examinations. Candidates can learn about the same at the linked article.
|Kickstart your bank exam preparation now! Complement it with the links given below:|
NABARD Exam Syllabus
Let’s delve deeper and explain the nitty-gritty of Nabard Grade A and B Syllabus – Prelims and Mains for 2023.
NABARD Syllabus 2023: Prelims
- Reasoning Ability: Syllogism, Data Sufficiency, Puzzles and Seating Arrangement, Verbal Reasoning, Inequality, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Miscellaneous Questions.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Data Interpretations, Data Sufficiency, Simplification, Arithmetic Questions, Number Sehonoursries, Quadratic Equations, Quantity parameter comparison, Inequalities in Maths.
- English Language: Reading Comprehension, Sentence rearrangements, Cloze deletion or occlusion test, Sentence correction, error detection, jumbled para, New pattern reasoning.
- General Awareness: The questions are from Current Affairs, Banking, Economy, and Insurance
- Computer Knowledge: Networking, Input-Output devices, DBMS, Shortcuts, MS Office, History of computers and generation
Given below are links to prepare for the preliminary examination:
|Current Affairs||Static GK|
|Verbal Ability||Quantitative Aptitude|
|Logical Reasoning||Computer Knowledge|
NABARD Syllabus 2023: Mains
1. Economic and Social Issues Syllabus·
- Under this section, you’ll have to read thoroughly about the Indian Economy: its features. You’ll be learning about why India still has a long way to go as far as economic development is concerned and how the government is trying hard to uplift the life of the citizens through economic reforms.
- Inflation: How inflation has been trending over the years and its effect on citizens and the Indian Economy
- Poverty reduction and job creation, measuring poverty in villages and cities etc
- The population of India: Its growth rate and its relation with economic development. Population related strategies employed by the Indian government.
- India’s performance in agriculture. Challenges concerning food security, agricultural systems formulated by institutional and non-institutional entities.
- Labour laws and policy across the industries. Industrial development. Government undertaken enterprises. State-based imbalance in industrial growth.
- Economic globalization: How funding institutions worldwide play a crucial role in domestic economic development
- The education scenario of India. Issues related to illiteracy. Educational policy of India.
2. Agriculture and Rural Issues Syllabus
- All about agriculture: various classes of field crops, factors that enhance or obstruct crop production, cropping systems etc.
- Protection of soil. Classification of soil. Soil fertility check, all about soil erosion. How to keep the soil conducive for agricultural purposes, Conservation of water
- All about irrigation, types, management strategies etc:- The function of water, water conservation techniques, developing command area
- Equipment for irrigation and farming, energy sources. Water storage etc.
- Animal Husbandry: Role of farm animals in Indian economic growth. All about farm animals and associated livelihood.
- All about fisheries: Managing infrastructure of the fishing industry, aquaculture, biotechnology, etc.
- All about forestry, terms, concepts, forest management strategies, Silviculture. Financial upliftment with forestry.
- Importance of ecology, how it is getting distressed thanks to climate change. How to stop climate change and help maintain ecological balance.
- Agriculture in India today: Challenges, opportunities and ways to keep the agricultural scenario economically viable.
- All about rural development: Concepts, rural Economy, upliftment of agrarian society from an economic and developmental perspective.
3. Legal Services
4. Information Technology
Aspirants can refer to the following links while preparing for the mains phase of the examination:
|Indian Economy Notes||What is Inflation?|
|Labour Reforms & Labour Codes||Agriculture in India|
|Demographics of India||Climate Change in India|
As an aspirant for the 2023 exam, you must thoroughly know the NABARD exam syllabus before starting your preparations.
Furthermore, candidates can also get the best preparation strategy for competitive exams at the linked article. This will guide them through the comprehensive and tedious preparation for bank and other government examinations.
For the latest exam updates and study tips, visit BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Questions on NABARD Syllabus
What is the process of interview post clearing the mains exam of NABARD.
Students who pass the Prelims and Mains exams will be entitled to sit for the interview. In the interview, they will be asked questions on various subjects, issues, and current events to assess their understanding of the subject and their presence of mind. This step comprises a 25-point discussion. Candidates who will pass the interview phase will be contacted for documents and an appointment.
How to download the cutoff list?
To obtain the exam cutoff marks, you have to first go to the NABARD official website; then, look for the “cutoff” link on the main page. After that, you have to click the link to view the cutoff list. You must examine the cutoff marks closely and keep the list with you for future reference.
How to download NABARD syllabus PDF?
NABARD 2023 vacancies are expected to be announced in July. Till then, you can download the NABARD syllabus 2023 and kickoff your preparations. You can get the detailed NABARD syllabus on the bank’s official website or our website.