Many new dynasties emerged after the seventh century. From Chapter 2, New Kings and Kingdoms of CBSE Class 7 History, students will get acquainted with the emergence of new dynasties, administration in these kingdoms, Prashastis and Land Grants and more. Students can easily master these concepts by solving the CBSE Class 7 History Chapter 2 New Kings and Kingdoms Important Questions. Students can just solve these questions for practice and revise the entire concepts of the Chapter thoroughly.
Students can use these CBSE Important Questions of Class 7 History Chapter 2 to prepare for the exam. Given below is the link to download the PDF version of these important questions.
New Kings and Kingdoms
1. The inscriptions of the Cholas who ruled in Tamil Nadu refer to more than 400 terms for different kinds of taxes. Which are they?
2. Define the term, Sultan.
3. What is a sluice-gate?
4. Write about China under the Tang dynasty. In what ways was this system different from those prevalent in the Indian subcontinent?
5. Who were the parties involved in the “tripartite struggle”?
6. What were the qualifications necessary to become a member of a committee of the sabha in the Chola empire?
7. What were the two major cities under the control of the Chahamanas?
8. How did the Rashtrakutas become powerful?
9. What did the new dynasties do to gain acceptance?
10. What kind of irrigation works were developed in the Tamil region?
11. What were the activities associated with Chola temples?
12. Contrast the “elections” in Uttaramerur with present-day panchayat elections
13. Find out more about taxes that are collected at present. Are these in cash, kind, or labour services?
14. What is Periyapuranam?
15. Inscriptions from __________ in __________, Tamil Nadu, provide details of the way in which the sabha was organised.
16. Chola inscriptions mention several categories of land. Name and categorise them.
17. Describe in brief about the ‘agriculture life’ of the people in the Chola period.
18. Who were the Chahamanas? Mention the name of best Chahamana rulers.
19. What is a distinctive art associated with the Chola temples? How did the Chola temples become the hub of economic, social and cultural life?
20. Who were samantas? How did they weaken the authority of the King?
21. The Somnath Temple in Gujarat was invaded by ____
(a) Muhammad Ghori
(b) Mahmud Ghazni
(d) None of the above
22. Who were the rulers of Tamil Nadu?
(d) None of the above