Over the centuries important political, social and economic developments have taken place. Nevertheless, social change was not the same everywhere, because different kinds of societies evolved differently. In large parts of the subcontinent, society was already divided according to the rules of varna, as prescribed by the Brahmanas. However, many societies in the subcontinent did not follow the social rules and rituals prescribed by the Brahmanas. Nor were they divided into numerous unequal classes. Such societies are often called tribes. From Chapter 7 of CBSE Class 7 History, students can explore in detail about Tribes, Nomads and other settled communities. We have also provided in the article below the CBSE Class 7 History Chapter 7 Tribes, Nomads and Settled Communities Important Questions for the students to answer and practise while preparing for the exam.
These CBSE Class 7 History Important Questions from Chapter 7 are important and it is likely that some of these questions can be asked in the exam. Students can click on the link provided to download these questions and start answering them to revise the Chapter.
Download CBSE Class 7 History Chapter 7 Tribes, Nomads and Settled Communities Important Questions PDF
Tribes, Nomads and Settled Communities
1. Who are tribal people?
2. What is a clan?
3. Explain about Nomads and itinerant groups.
4. Find out how grain is transported from villages to cities at present. In what ways is this similar to or different from the ways in which the Banjaras functioned?
5. Describe the banjaras.
6. Who are The Gonds? What is Shifting cultivation?
7. Discuss why the Mughals were interested in the land of the Gonds.
8. Why do you think the Mughals tried to conquer the land of the Ahoms?
9. Explain briefly about Ahoms.
10. Write a short note about the Mongols.
11. The ____________ mentions that Garha Katanga had 70,000 villages.
12. There were no tribal communities in the northwestern part of the subcontinent. True or False?
13. How was the administration of the Ahom state organised?
14. What changes took place in varna-based society?
15. How did tribal societies change after being organised into a state?
16. Were the Banjaras important or the economy? Discuss.
17. In what ways was the history of the Gonds different from that of the Ahoms? Were there any similarities?
18. Describe the main features of the Tribal Society.
19. Who did Emperor Akbar make a noble (mansabdar)?
20. Which are the tribes that inhabited North West and North East India? Describe.
21. Where do Khokhar tribes live?
(c) Jammu and Kashmir
(d) Tamil Nadu