One of the most common ways to describe a person is in terms of the language they speak. We also tend to associate each region with distinctive kinds of food, clothes, poetry, dance, music and painting. Students get to learn about the Making of Regional Cultures from Chapter 9 of CBSE Class 7 History. CBSE Class 7 History Chapter 9 The Making of Regional Cultures Important Questions have been compiled by us to help students to prepare thoroughly for the exam. Students can just answer these questions for practice and score well in the exam.
We have also given the PDF link below in this article, for the students to download the CBSE Class 7 Important Questions from Chapter 9 History for future reference. Students can then start preparing for the exam soon.
The Making of Regional Cultures
1. Write more about the Kathak Dance form.
2. What is Animism?
3. What is Manipravalam? Name a book written in that language.
4. Who were the major patrons of Kathak?
5. What are the important architectural features of the temples of Bengal?
6. Why did minstrels proclaim the achievements of heroes?
7. Why do we know much more about the cultural practices of rulers than about those of ordinary people?
8. Why did conquerors try to control the temple of Jagannatha at Puri?
9. Why were temples built in Bengal?
10. Elaborate on the Emergence of nation-states in Europe.
11. Name the items that we associate one region with.
12. Describe the evolution of local cultures.
13. What role did the Cheras play in the development of Malayalam?
14. Mention when and where the Chera Kingdom was established.
15. What did the British call the Rajputanas? Was it true?
16. Miniature painting developed under the Mughal patronage. Explain.
17. Write a short note about the Rajputs. Mention the reason why ordinary people were so fascinated by them.
18. Trace the growth of Kathak as a dance form. Elaborate on it.
19. Which are the six classical dance forms? Name them.
20. Define the Pirs and describe their position in Society.
21. What does the word Rajputana mean?
(а) the Rajput tradition
(b) in 19th century the region of present day Rajasthan
(c) group of Rajputs
(d) none of the above
22. What were the major patrons of Kathak?
23. From which of the following languages were the Bengali language derived from?