People perform rituals of worship, or sing bhajans, kirtans or qawwalis, or even repeat the name of God in silence, and some of them are even moved to tears. Such intense devotion or love of God is the legacy of various kinds of bhakti and Sufi movements that have evolved since the eighth century. Chapter 8 of CBSE Class 7 History deals with the concepts related to Devotional Paths to the Divine. We have also compiled in this article, CBSE Class 7 History Chapter 8 Devotional Paths To The Divine Important Questions that help students to prepare most thoroughly for the exam.
These CBSE Important Questions of Class 7 History Chapter 8 can be downloaded in the PDF format from the link provided below in the article.
Devotional Paths To The Divine
1. What is Hagiography?
2. Define the Nayanars and Alwars.
3. Write about the ideas of Shankara or Ramanuja.
4. What is hospice?
5. Write a short note about Martin Luther and the Reformation.
6. ___________, ______________ and ___________________were advocates of Virashaivism.
7. Describe the beliefs and practices of the Nathpanthis, Siddhas and Yogis.
8. What were the major ideas expressed by Kabir? How did he express these?
9. What were the major beliefs and practices of the Sufis?
10. Why do you think many teachers rejected prevalent religious beliefs and practices?
11. What were the major teachings of Baba Guru Nanak?
12. For either the Virashaivas or the sants of Maharashtra, discuss their attitude towards caste.
13. Why do you think ordinary people preserved the memory of Mirabai?
14. Who are Sufis? Mention names of any two great Sufi’s of Central Asia.
15. Describe the idea of the supreme god. How did it get around?
16. Define the purpose of the “Nayanar Movement.”
17. Mention the Author of Ramacharitamanas.
18. Why did medieval people turn to Buddhism or Jainism? Justify.
19. What is the Virashaiva movement? Who started it?
20. Mention who ordered the execution of Guru Arjan. Give a reason.