Things like water, electricity, rickshaw, vegetable and textbook have something in common. They are all used, so they have utility. Utility or usability is what makes an object or substance a resource. Learn more about topics related to Resources in Chapter 1 of CBSE Class 8 Geography. CBSE Class 8 Geography Chapter 1 Resources Important Questions are also formulated based on topics from this Chapter and hence, can help students to score high marks in the exam. These questions are also a valuable resource that helps students to revise the Chapter and study most proficiently.
Students can look at the link given below in the article to download the PDF version of the CBSE Class 8 Important Questions of Geography Chapter 1. Students can start solving these questions for practice.
1. What is a resource? How does anything become a resource?
2. Which are the types of resources? Explain each.
3. Make a list of five human-made resources that you can observe around you.
4. “If we are not careful then even renewable resources can become very scarce and the non-renewable ones can definitely get exhausted.” What do we do about it?
5. Explain the term sustainable development. What are some principles of sustainable development?
6. Why are resources distributed unequally over the earth?
7. What is resource conservaation?
8. Are human resources important? Why?
9. Do Resources have value? Discuss.
10. Explain briefly about wind power.
11. What is resource conservation?
12. Explain the significance of time and technology in making a substance a resource.
13. Utility does not make the substance a resource. True or False?
14. Springwater is a human-made resource. True or False?
15. Non-renewable resources are____________
(a) those which have limited stock
(b) made by human beings
(c) derived from non-living things
16. Write a short note about human resources.
17. Think of a few renewable resources and mention how their stock may get affected by overuse.
18. Classify resources on the basis of their development and use.
19. Define stock of resources.
20. Explain the duties of the citizens to preserve the earth.