People are a nation’s greatest resource. Nature’s bounty becomes significant only when people find it useful. It is people with their demands and abilities that turn them into ‘resources’. Hence, human resource is the ultimate resource. Healthy, educated and motivated people develop resources as per their requirements. Students can study human resources from Chapter 6 of CBSE Class 8 Geography. We have also compiled below in this article, CBSE Class 8 Geography Chapter 6 Human Resources Important Questions that have been formulated based on the vital concepts from the Chapter.
Students can solve these questions for practice and score high marks in the exam. Find the link below to download the CBSE Class 8 Important Questions of Geography Chapter 6. Students can click on the link provided and access the questions to solve.
1. What is the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PKVY) of 2015?
2. Explain the term human resources.
3. What are the factors influencing the distribution of the population?
4. Why are people considered a resource?
5. What are the causes of the uneven distribution of population in the world?
6. How does climate affect the population distribution of an area?
7. The world population has grown very rapidly. Why?
8. Discuss the role of any two factors influencing population change.
9. Mention the different characteristics of population composition.
10. State the difference between ‘emigration’ and ‘immigration.’
11. Elaborate on the population pyramid of Japan.
12. Describe the general trend of international migrations. Explain.
13. What are population pyramids? How do they help in understanding the population of a country?
14. Births, deaths and migration are three main factors that cause population change. True or False?
15. Explain the age-sex pyramid.
16. How crowded a country is, has little to do with its level of economic development. Do you agree? Justify.
17. Give a reason why population growth is slowing in the UK.
18. Define the natural growth rate.
19. Name the geographical factors affecting the population distribution. State examples.
20. Which are the Social, Cultural and Economic Factors influencing the population distribution? Give examples.