The word agriculture is derived from Latin words ager or “agri,” meaning soil and culture meaning, cultivation. Agriculture is a primary activity. It includes growing crops, fruits, vegetables, flowers and rearing of livestock. In the world, 50% of people are engaged in agricultural activity. Two-thirds of India’s population is still dependent on agriculture. Explore more about the concepts of Agriculture from Chapter 4 of CBSE Class 8 Geography. Students can comprehend the crucial concepts of this chapter by solving these CBSE Class 8 Geography Chapter 4 Agriculture Important Questions.
These CBSE Class 8 Social Science Important Questions from Chapter 4 Geography section are useful to prepare most competently for the exams. Students can find the PDF link to download the important questions below in this article.
1. Define Agriculture. What are the factors influencing agriculture?
2. Mention various types of farming. Explain them.
3. Explain the farm system.
4. What is Shifting Cultivation? Mention the disadvantages.
5. Name the fibre crops and mention the climatic conditions required for its growth
6. Who discovered the Coffee Plant? Write a note.
7. What is plantation agriculture?
8. In India agriculture is a primary activity. Give reasons.
9. Different crops are grown in different regions. Give reasons.
10. Distinguish between primary activities and tertiary activities.
11. Which is the crop that needs well-drained fertile soils, moderate temperatures and lots of sunshine?
12. Differences between subsistence farming and intensive farming.
13. Describe humming cultivation.
14. Define millets. Write a brief description of the climatic conditions and producing states of the millets grown in India.
15. Write short notes on tea.
16. What are the major features of Commercial farming?
17. Explain the types of subsistence farming.
18. Explain the different types of cultivation.
19. Write a note on Nomadic Herding.
20. Which form of agriculture is best suited for our country? Why?