A naturally occurring substance that has a definite chemical composition is a mineral that is formed in different types of geological environments, under varying conditions. Students can explore further about Mineral and Power Resources from Chapter 3 of CBSE Class 8 Geography. Students who want to revise this chapter can also refer to CBSE Class 8 Geography Chapter 3 Mineral and Power Resources Important Questions. These questions cover the various topics from this chapter and are useful to prepare for the exams.
We have also provided the link to download the PDF format of the CBSE Class 8 Important Questions for Geography Chapter 3. Click on the link given below to access the questions.
Mineral and Power Resources
1. Define minerals. How are they distributed? Where are they found?
2. Mention ways in which energy can be saved at home. Give 5 points.
3. Give the classification of minerals. How are minerals extracted from the earth?
4. Write a very short note about Iron and Ore.
5. What are the uses of minerals?
6. Explain briefly about Mining.
7. What are the conventional and non-conventional sources of energy? Give examples.
8. What is Salt? Write a note.
9. Mention the regions that are rich in natural gas resources.
10. Write a short note about Petroleum and Natural Gas.
11. Name any three common minerals used by you every day.
12. Where are the ores of metallic minerals generally located?
13. What is Hydel Power?
14. Give the advantages and disadvantages of non-conventional sources of energy.
15. Which sources of energy would you suggest for “(a) Arid Regions, (b) Rural areas and (c) coastal areas?
16. Environmental aspects must be carefully looked into before building huge dams. Explain with reason.
17. Most industries are concentrated around coal mines. Do you agree? Give reason.
18. Distinguish between Ferrous and nonferrous minerals.
19. What is biogas?
20. Petroleum is referred to as “black gold.” Why? Justify with reasons.