The industry refers to economic activity that is concerned with the production of goods, extraction of minerals or the provision of services. Learn more about Industries from Chapter 5 of CBSE Class 8 Geography. Students can revise the Chapter by practising with these CBSE Class 8 Geography Chapter 5 Industries Important Questions. These are the best resources for students to prepare for the exams.
Find below the PDF link to download CBSE Class 8 Geography Important Questions. Students can click and access the questions from below.
1. Give some examples of agro-based industries.
2. What are mineral-based industries?
3. Write a short note on marine-based industries.
4. What are the points of similarity between the information technology industry in Bangalore and California?
5. Give details about the iron and steel industries.
6. What are the factors affecting the location of Industries?
7. Find out the inputs, outputs and processes involved in the manufacture of a leather shoe.
8. What is smelting?
9. Elaborate on Cotton Textile Industry.
10. What is meant by the term ‘industry’?
11. Which industry is often referred to as the backbone of modern industry and why?
12. Why cotton textile industry rapidly expanded in Mumbai?
13. Acrylic is a natural fibre. True or False.
14. Explain how industries can be classified on the basis of ownership.
15. Distinguish between the public sector and joint sector industry.
16. Raw Materials: _____________ and _____________________
17. Which are the major iron and steel centres of India? Mention any four.
18. Define Information Technology.
19. Cooperative Sector Industry is important in our country. Why?
20. Write short notes on Ahmedabad and Osaka.
21. Fish is a product of the______ industries
22. An industrial system consists of_____
(d) All the above
23. Conversion of raw materials into products of more value to people are known as ______
(d) none of these