The land is among the most important natural resources. It covers only about thirty per cent of the total area of the earth’s surface and all parts of this small percentage are not habitable. Meanwhile, the thin layer of grainy substance covering the surface of the earth is called soil. It is closely linked to land and water is a vital renewable natural resource. Students can study further about Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources from Chapter 2 of CBSE Class 8 Geography. We have also provided CBSE Class 8 Geography Chapter 2 Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources Important Questions that are formulated based on significant concepts from this chapter. Students can solve these to understand the concepts most proficiently.
These CBSE Class 8 Geography Important Questions from this Chapter are the most important resource for the students to prepare for the exams. Find the link below to download the PDF format of these questions.
Download CBSE Class 8 Geography Chapter 2 Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources Important Questions PDF
Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources
1. Which are the different ways in which the land can be used? Mention the common determinants of the land use pattern.
2. What is known as Soil Erosion?
3. List out some methods of soil conservation.
4. Explain the process of Rain Harvesting.
5. Mention the methods adapted to contain landslides.
6. Describe how the soil is formed.
7. Which are the climatic factors responsible for soil formation?
8. Which are the factors leading to soil degradation?
9. Forest fire is a threat to the entire region of fauna and flora. Why does it occur? Give 3 reasons.
10. Mention some control measures to stop a forest fire.
11. Describe National Park and Biosphere reserves.
12. Explain about soil composition or the layers of soil.
13. What is CITES?
14. Why is land considered an important resource?
15. Name any two steps that the government has taken to conserve plants and animals.
16. Suggest three ways to conserve water.
17. Ganga–Brahmaputra plain of India is an overpopulated region. True or False?
18. Discuss some more reasons which are responsible for changes in land use pattern. Has your place undergone any change in the land use pattern in recent years?
19. Discuss ‘terrace farming’ and ‘intercropping’.
20. Describe the dangers faced by natural vegetation and wildlife.