Sepoys and peasants gather forces for the revolt that spread across the plains of north India in 1857. Students can learn further about the 1857 Rebellion and after from Chapter 5 of CBSE Class 8 History. Students can also master the concepts of the Chapter with the help of CBSE Class 8 History Chapter 5 When People Rebel Important Questions. Some of these questions will also probably be asked in exams, hence students are advised to solve these chapter-wise CBSE Class 8 History Important Questions regularly if they aspire to score high.
Find the PDF link below in this article, from where the students can access the CBSE Important Questions of Class 8 History.
When People Rebel
1. What is a mutiny?
2. Why did the Mughal emperor agree to support the rebels?
3. Make a list of places where the uprising took place in May, June and July 1857.
4. What were the important changes that were introduced by the British after regaining power at the end of 1859?
5. Why was soldier Mangal Pandey hanged to death and where?
6. Elaborate about The Khurda Uprising.
7. Which were the two British Acts that interfered with the Indian customs and religion?
8. Mention the economic cause behind the 1857 Rebellion.
9. What was the demand of Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi that was refused by the British?
10. What did the British do to protect the interests of those who converted to Christianity?
11. What objections did the sepoys have to the new cartridges that they were asked to use?
12. How did the last Mughal emperor live the last years of his life?
13. Write briefly about the recapture of Delhi by the British.
14. What could be the reasons for the confidence of the British rulers about their position in India before May 1857? Discuss.
15. What impact did Bahadur Shah Zafar’s support for the rebellion have on the people and the ruling families? Discuss.
16. How did the British succeed in securing the submission of the rebel landowners of Awadh? Explain.
17. Write a short note on Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi. In what ways would she have been an unusual woman for her times?
18. What is Seige?
19. Company sepoys were dissatisfied with the Company Administration. Justify with reasons.
20. Why did the revolt of 1857 fail? Give reasons.