When India became independent in August 1947, it faced a series of very great challenges. As a result of Partition, 8 million refugees had come into the country from what was now Pakistan. From Chapter 10 of CBSE Class 8 History, students can explore further about India after Independence. We have also compiled CBSE Class 8 History Chapter 10 India After Independence Important Questions, which have been formulated based on the major concepts of the Chapter. These questions also include the repeated question types that are most likely to be asked in the exam. Hence, solving these CBSE Class 8 Important Questions of History Chapter 10 will help the students to ace the exam.
We have also provided the PDF link below in this article. Students can click on the given link and download the CBSE Class 8 Social Science Important Questions of History.
India After Independence
1. What are the features of the Indian Constitution? Mention any three.
2. Name three problems that the newly independent nation of India faced.
3. What was the role of the Planning Commission?
4. At independence, the majority of Indians lived in villages. True or False?
5. The Second Five Year Plan focused on the development of the heavy industry. Do you agree?
6. What did Dr Ambedkar mean when he said that “In politics, we will have equality, and in social and economic life we will have inequality”? Discuss.
7. After Independence, why was there a reluctance to divide the country on linguistic lines? Discuss.
8. Give one reason why English continued to be used in India after Independence. Discuss.
9. How was the economic development of India visualised in the early decades after Independence? Discuss.
10. Who was Mira Behn? Write a brief note about her life and her ideas.
11. Who were against the creation of Linguistic states? Justify with reason.
12. Who were the Indians who were part of the Constituent Assembly?
13. Who was the famous leader who fasted and gave up his life for a separate state for Telugu Speakers?
14. Why did unity and development have to go together?
15. What is the Universal Adult Franchise?
16. Write a short note on Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
17. Explain about “Mixed Economy.”
18. What happened in Sri Lanka in 1956?
19. On 15 August 2007, India celebrated sixty years of its existence as a free nation. How well has the country done in this time? And to what extent has it fulfilled the ideals set out in its Constitution?
20. When was the second five-year plan formulated?
21. The Planning Commission designed and executed suitable policies for economic development based on which model?
(a) Mixed Economy
(b) Market Economy
(c) Private Enterprise
(d) Public Enterprise
22. Which state was formed on 1 October 1953?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Uttar Pradesh
23. Name the leader who went on hunger strike for the Andhra Pradesh to protect the interest of Telugu speakers.
(a) Chitta Ranjan Das
(b) Potti Sriramulu
(c) Krishna Menon
(d) None of the above