What was happening to the tribal people under the British? How did their lives change? These are some of the questions you will read about in Chapter 4 of CBSE Class 8 History. The chapter will go on to deal with concepts related to Tribals, Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age. Students can master these concepts by solving CBSE Class 8 History Chapter 4 Tribals, Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age Important Questions. These questions cover the highlights of the Chapter and include important questions that are more likely to be asked in the exam.
Students can practise these questions and prepare the most competently for the exam. Click on the link provided below to download the CBSE Class 8 Social Science Important Questions from History Chapter 4.
Download CBSE Class 8 History Chapter 4 Tribals, Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age Important Questions PDF
Tribals, Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age
1. How did tribal groups live?
2. What is “Fallow?”
3. From where did these forest people get their supplies of rice and other grains?
4. Can you identify a pattern in the work that Baiga men and women do? What were the differences in the types of work that they were expected to perform?
5. How did Colonial Rule Affect Tribal Lives?
6. Write a note about the impact of the Forest Laws.
7. What problems did shifting cultivators face under British rule? Discuss.
8. How did the powers of tribal chiefs change under colonial rule? Explain.
9. What accounts for the anger of the tribals against the dikus? Explain.
10. What was Birsa’s vision of a golden age? Why do you think such a vision appealed to the people of the region? Discuss.
11. Describe the customs and way of life of any tribal group living in India today. Explain how their lives have changed in the last 50 years.
12. Mention the name of some heroes of other tribal revolts in the twentieth century. Write their story in your own words.
13. How has the position of the tribal chiefs changed under the rule of the British?
14. Which are the tribal groups of Chottanagpur that were supporters of Birsa Munda?
15. What were economic activities of the Tribal societies during the pre-colonial and colonial periods? Make a list of the major ones.
16. Tribals consider money lenders and traders as evil outsiders. Justify with reason.
17. Write a short note about jhum cultivation.
18. Name the tribal community that lived in the forests of Orissa, living off wild produce and hunting wild animals.
19. Birsa Munda led a tribal movement. Mention two ways in which this was significant in Indian History.
20. Cocoons were bought from the Santhals and sold by the traders at five times the purchase price. True or False?