Chapter 6 of CBSE Class 8 History tells the story of the crafts and industries of India during British rule by focusing on two industries, namely, textiles and iron and steel. Both these industries were crucial for the industrial revolution in the modern world. Students could also master the subject easily by revising the concepts of the Chapter with the help of CBSE Class 8 History Chapter 6 Weavers, Iron Smelters and Factory Owners Important Questions. These questions are the best resource for any student who aspires to score high marks.
We have also given the link below in the article, from where students can easily access the CBSE Class 8 Important Questions of History, covering the major topics of Chapter 5.
Download CBSE Class 8 History Chapter 6 Weavers, Iron Smelters and Factory Owners Important Questions PDF
Weavers, Iron Smelters and Factory Owners
1. Write a short note on the Indian Textiles and the World Market. What problems did the Indian textile industry face in the early years of its development?
2. Explain about Patola.
3. What is “muslin”?
4. What is Jamdani Weave?
5. Why do you think the Act was called the Calico Act? What does the name tell us about the kind of textiles the Act wanted to ban?
6. Explain the term, Spinning Jenny.
7. Who were the weavers? Elaborate on the decline of Indian Textiles.
8. What is Aurang?
9. Why would the iron and steel making industry be affected by the defeat of the nawabs and rajas?
10. By the late nineteenth century, however, the craft of iron smelting was in decline. In most villages, furnaces fell into disuse and the amount of iron produced came down. Why was this so?
11. Describe the early years of industrialisation in Japan.
12. What kinds of cloth had a large market in Europe?
13. What is bandanna?
14. Who are the Agaria?
15. How do the names of different textiles tell us about their histories?
16. Why did the wool and silk producers in England protest against the import of Indian textiles in the early eighteenth century?
17. How did the development of cotton industries in Britain affect textile producers in India?
18. What is known as Smelting? Why did the Indian iron smelting industry decline in the nineteenth century?
19. What helped TISCO expand steel production during the First World War?
20. Which are the technological innovations that revolutionised cotton production? Mention any two.
21. Explain the Calico Act.
22. Which are some varieties of cloth that were produced in India during the 18th century?
23. Mention the dates when the cotton mills started in India.