TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. e-RUPI 2. 12th Round of India-China Corps Commander Level Meeting 3. MSMEs Day 4. Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakaram (PMJVK)
PM launched digital payment solution e-RUPI.
What is e-RUPI?
- E-RUPI is a cashless and contactless digital payments medium, which will be delivered to mobile phones of beneficiaries in the form of an SMS-string or a QR code.
- It has been developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the Department of Financial Services, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, and the National Health Authority.
- This people-specific and purpose-specific payments system will essentially function like a prepaid gift-voucher that will be redeemable at specific accepting centres without any credit or debit card, a mobile app or internet banking.
- e-RUPI will connect the sponsors of the services with the beneficiaries and service providers in a digital manner without any physical interface.
- According to the government, e-RUPI — built on NPCI’s UPI system — would ensure leak-proof delivery of welfare services.
- It will initially be deployed alongside the National Digital Health Mission and to support the vaccine drive, but added that it can also be used for delivering services under schemes meant for providing drugs and nutritional support.
Joint press release of the 12th Round of India-China Corps Commander Level Meeting.
- This round of meeting was held following the meeting of the Foreign Ministers of India and China in July in Dushanbe and the 22nd meeting of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs (WMCC) held in June.
- The exchange was on the resolution of the remaining areas related to disengagement along the Line of Actual Control in the Western Sector of the India-China border areas.
- They agreed to resolve these remaining issues in an expeditious manner in accordance with the existing agreements and protocols and maintain the momentum of dialogue and negotiations.
- The two sides also agreed that in the interim they will continue their effective efforts in ensuring stability along the LAC in the Western Sector and jointly maintain peace and tranquillity.
Also read: India – China Border Clash 2020.
3. MSMEs Day
27th June is observed annually as MSMEs Day.
About MSMEs Day:
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Day was instituted by the United Nations General Assembly to raise public awareness of their contribution to sustainable development and the global economy.
- The theme for MSME Day 2021 was “MSME 2021: Key to an inclusive and sustainable recovery”.
What is the Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakaram?
- The PMJVK seeks to provide better socio-economic infrastructure facilities to the minority communities particularly in the field of education, health & skill development which would further lead to lessening of the gap between the national average and the minority communities with regard to backwardness parameters.
- The scheme addresses the development deficits of the identified Minority Concentration Areas (MCAs).
- The erstwhile Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP) has been restructured and renamed as Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram for effective implementation since 2018.
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme.
- The PMJVK aims at improving socio-economic conditions of the minorities and providing basic amenities to them for improving quality of life of the people and reducing imbalances in the identified minority concentration areas.
- The projects to be taken up under PMJVK would be related to the creation of infrastructure mainly in the sectors of education, health and skill development, besides innovative schemes for improving the socio-economic and living conditions of minority communities and other communities living in the catchment area.
Read previous PIB here.
August 2nd, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here