Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam.
Committee to review Defence Procurement Procedure
- Raksha Mantri ShriRajnath Singh has approved setting up of a Committee under the Chairmanship of Director General (Acquisition) to review the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) 2016 and Defence Procurement Manual (DPM) 2009.
- The Committee will revise and align the procedures with the aim of ensuring seamless flow from asset acquisition to life cycle support.
- The DPP 2016 and DPM 2009 have been due for revision. Aligning the procedures will ensure to support and strengthen the ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government.
- Simplify policy and procedures to facilitate greater participation of Indian Industry and develop robust Defence Industrial base.
- Include provisions to promote Indian start-ups and research & development.
International Conference on Teacher Education
- The Union Minister of Human Resource DevelopmentShri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ today inaugurated the International Conference titled “Journey of Teacher Education: Local to Global”
- The two-day event is being organized by the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE).
- NCTE was established in 1995 and was tasked with achieving planned and coordinated development of teacher education system throughout the country and maintenance of norms and standards therein.
- NCTE also serves as an advisory body to Central and State Governments to ensure maintenance of standards and quality in Teacher Education.
- The mandate of NCTE is very broad and covers the entire gamut of Teacher Education programmes, including research and training of persons.
- Thus equip them to teach at pre-primary, primary, secondary and senior secondary stages in schools as well as non-formal education, part-time education, adult education and distance education courses.
Aadi Mahotsav” Begins at Leh-Ladakh
- Aadi Mahotsav (National Tribal Festival), a joint initiative of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India & Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) begins at Leh-Ladakh.
- As the name of this event AadiMahotsav suggests, it is the ‘adi’ factor that is important about them.
- The Adivasi way of life is guided by primal truths, eternal values and a natural simplicity. The greatness of the tribes lies in this that they have managed to retain the primal skills, the natural simplicity.
- Their creations issue from the depths of time. This quality gives their arts and crafts a timeless appeal.
- The crudest tribal handicraft instantly touches a primal instinct in all of us. This is particularly true of tribal music and dance.
- The first of its kind event in Leh-Ladakh will see around 160 Tribal artisans from more than 20 states across the country, actively participating and showcasing their masterpieces.
- Mahotsav is also covering to identify:
- Food and Forest Produces, which can be processed, value added and marketed under the Van Dhan Scheme of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Artisans and master craftsmen and women of Ladakh for empanelling them as suppliers of TRIBES India.
- These products can then be marketed all over the Country through the 104 retail outlets run by TRIBES India across the country and 190 countries across the world through AMAZON, with whom TRIBES India has an agreement.
|Major Tribes in India & Tribal Welfare Part-1||Major Tribes in India & Tribal Welfare Part-2|
|Make in India + Defence procurement||Elementary Education: Moving Towards RTE And Quality Improvement|
Read previous ‘Best of PIB’ here.