TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2. One Nation One Ration Card Scheme (ONORC) 3. Association of Renewable Energy of States (AREAS) 4. “Bharat series (BH-series)”
PM Jan Dhan Yojana completes seven years.
Know more about PM Jan Dhan Yojana in the linked article.
ONORC is successfully operational in 34 states.
Know more about ONORC in the link.
Association of Renewable Energy of States (AREAS) celebrates 7th Foundation Day.
About Association of Renewable Energy of States (AREAS):
- The Association of Renewable Energy Agencies (AREAS) came into existence in 2014 on the initiative of the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy.
- All state nodal agencies for renewable energy are members of AREAS.
- On this platform, they can learn from each other’s experience in the promotion of renewable energy in the country.
- The Union Minister in charge of New & Renewable Energy is the Ex-Officio Patron of the Association and Secretary, MNRE is the ex-officio President of the Association.
Government introduces a new registration mark for new vehicles “Bharat series (BH-series)” to facilitate the seamless transfer of vehicles.
- The Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways in its notification introduced a new registration mark for new vehicles under the ‘Bharat series (BH-series)’.
- The central government rolled a new Bharat Series registration mark scheme, which will not require an individual to get a new registration number for the vehicle if one moves to another state.
- Currently, the process of re-registration of vehicles while moving to another state requires the vehicle owners to obtain a no-objection certificate from the old state where the vehicle was earlier registered, then get the vehicle registered in the new state and pay the road tax. Then, file for a refund for the road tax already paid in the old state.
- Bharat series (BH-series) is an IT-based solution for vehicle registration by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to facilitate seamless transfer and re-registration of vehicles while moving from one state to another in India.
- The Bharat Series Registration process facility will be available to Defense personnel, private organizations, individuals working at Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), Central or State governments, or private sector companies which have offices across four or more states/Union Territories.
What are the benefits of Bharat Series vehicles?
- Under Section 47 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, an individual is allowed to keep a vehicle for only 12 months in any state other than the state where the vehicle is registered.
- During those 12 months, the individual is required to obtain a new registration in the new state.
- With the new Bharat series registration mark, an individual will not be required to apply for re-registration when moving the vehicle from one state to another.
- Under the scheme, the motor vehicle tax will be levied for 2 years or in multiples of two.
- After the completion of the 14th year, the motor vehicle tax will be levied annually which will be half of the amount than the amount charged earlier for that vehicle.
Read previous PIB here.
August 28th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here
|Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana||New Development Bank (NDB)
|National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction (NAPDDR)
||Quit India Movement