Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam.
December 23rd, 2019 PIB:- Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. PM pays tributes to former PM Chaudhary Charan Singh 2. About 35 Lakh Passengers flown under RCS-Udan scheme 3. MoA signed under Fisheries and Aquaculture Development Fund 4. Intelligence Bureau (IB) Centenary Endowment Lecture 5. National ICT Awards 2017
PM pays tributes to former PM Chaudhary Charan Singh
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has paid tributes to former Prime Minister, Shri Chaudhary Charan Singh, on his Jayanti.
To read about Charan Singh Click here
About 35 Lakh Passengers flown under RCS-Udan scheme
About Udan Scheme
Click here to read about the scheme.
Air Traffic Flow Management Control and Command Center (ATFM-CCC)
New Air Traffic Flow Management Control and Command Center (ATFM-CCC) with state of art displays has been operationalized.
Click here to read more about it.
CNS/ATM modernization roadmap for India
- Boeing and the Airports Authority of India (AAI) had signed a technical assistance agreement for developing a comprehensive 10- year Communication, Navigation and Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) modernization roadmap for India.
- The objective of the agreement is to develop a roadmap for AAI to use as guidance in the modernization of the Indian National Airspace System (NAS) based on global and local best practices to optimally utilize airspace capacity, enhance communications and invest in navigation, surveillance and air traffic management.
- The function & process of Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is being moved to an online platform to provide faster delivery of services & regulation oversight.
- DigiSky online portal has been launched for flying Civil Drones. The Beta version of DigiSky is available and captures the entire gamut of activities relating to drones viz. registration of drones and pilots, approval of flight path, post flight analysis etc. based on the distinctive features of No Permission No Take off (NPNT).
- 100% security clearances pertaining to the Ministry have been made online on E-sahaj online portal launched by the Ministry of Civil Aviation. The portal is operational for granting clearances in respect of 24 categories.
- Trial for rollout of DigiYatra has been started at Bengaluru and Hyderabad airports. It envisages seamless and hassle free passenger travel using biometric technologies to improve passenger experience, reduce queue waiting time as passengers can walk through e-gates. It will remove redundancies at check points and enhance resource utilization.
- Dashboard of MoCA
- The Dashboard of Ministry of Civil Aviation provides real-time data across a number of parameters on air transportation, including RCS-UDAN.
- Aviation Job Portal
- It is a unique web-based portal, which seeks to bring together job seekers and prospective employers in the Indian civil aviation sector.
- Air Sewa
- It is an initiative by MoCA to bring all aviation stakeholders to a common platform so as to address the grievances of the air travellers. The status of the issues raised can be tracked online. The platform also provides updated flight status and is linked to social media.
MoA signed under Fisheries and Aquaculture Development Fund
The first tripartite Memorandum of Agreement was signed between the department of Fisheries Government of India, NARBARD and the Government of Tamil Nadu for the implementation of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development Fund (FIDF).
About the Agreement
- NABARD as one of the Nodal Loaning Entities (NLEs) provides concessional finance for development of fisheries infrastructure facilities through State Governments/State Entities under the FIDF, after execution of the Tripartite MoA.
- The project proposals of Government of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh for development of fishing harbours in their respective States form the major part of these recommended projects.
To read about NABARD Click Here.
Intelligence Bureau (IB) Centenary Endowment Lecture
Union Home Minister delivers 32nd Intelligence Bureau (IB) Centenary Endowment Lecture
About Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- India’s intelligence Bureau of investigation is the reputed and established intelligence agency. The intelligence bureau is authoritatively controlled by the Ministry of Home affairs.
- The Director IB (DIB), who is a member of the Joint Intelligence Committee (JIC), is the chief of Intelligence Bureau.
- Intelligence Bureau closely monitors developments relating to parliamentary undertakings and report back to cabinet secretariat. The Special Enquiry and Surveillance Unit (SES) of the intelligence bureau handle most of this work.
Read more about Indian Intelligence Architecture
National ICT Awards 2017
Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Shri Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre conferred National ICT Awards to 43 School Teachers for the year 2017 for effective and innovative integration of ICT in promoting student’s learning in New Delhi.
- The Central Scheme of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) – “Information and Communication Technology in Schools (ICT in Schools)” has a component titled “National Awards for Teachers for Using ICT for Innovations in Education”.
- The award proposes to felicitate those teachers who have enhanced student learning by effectively and innovatively integrating technology supported learning into the school curriculum and subject teaching, and thereby promoted enquiry-based cooperative-collaborative learning using ICT amongst students.
- Eligibility: School teachers of primary, upper primary, secondary and higher secondary schools working in any recognized school in the Indian Union.
- Each awardee teacher will get an ICT Kit, a laptop and a commendation certificate. The awardees would be encouraged to function as mentors (resource persons) for their area to motivate and train other teachers.
- All the awardees will form a community of resource persons through networking. Selected initiatives would be shared as best practices across the country.
December 23rd, 2019 PIB:- Download PDF Here
|UPSC 2020||UPSC Current Affairs|
|Monthly Magazine for UPSC Current Affairs||UPSC Current Affairs Quiz|
|Government Exams||UPSC Prelims Exam|
Read more PIB articles here.