Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam.
GST rate on all Electric Vehicles reduced from 12%
- GST Council Meeting was held and council has Council has recommended reduction in GST for Electrical Vehicles
- The GST rate on all electric vehicles be reduced from 12% to 5%.
- The GST rate on charger or charging stations for Electric vehicles be reduced from 18% to 5%.
- Hiring of electric buses (of carrying capacity of more than 12 passengers) by local authorities be exempted from GST.
Capacity Strengthening Initiative launched
The Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, launched the capacity strengthening initiative of the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS)
- The initiative seeks to ensure the sustainability of open defecation free (ODF) villages created under the Swachh Bharat Mission in the long term.
- Enable field trainers and members of PRIs (Panchayat Raj Institutions) to create capacity to manage solid and liquid wastes as well as improve access to safe and adequate drinking water supply.
About the program
- Four Field Trainers (FTs) from each district will be trained through 5-day Training of Trainers (ToTs) organized by the DDWS.
- he FTs would then train Sarpanchs, village secretaries and Swachhagrahis in their districts through a 3-day field training supported by the states and the districts, completing the entire exercise by March 2020.
|Goods and Services Tax (GST)||National Rural Health Mission|
|Goods & Services Tax (GST) – One Nation One Tax||Swachch Bharat|
Read previous ‘Best of PIB’ here.