TABLE OF CONTENTS
India–Africa Defence Dialogue to be held alongside every DefExpo.
- The first-ever India Africa Defence Ministers Conclave (IADMC) was held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in conjunction with DefExpo in February 2020.
- This was the first in the series of pan Africa events at the ministerial level in the run-up to the India Africa Forum Summit IV.
- A Joint Declaration, ‘Lucknow Declaration’ was adopted after the conclusion of IADMC 2020 as an outcome document of the Conclave.
What’s in news?
- In furtherance to the Declaration, India proposes to institutionalise the India Africa Defence Dialogue during successive DefExpos to be held once every two years.
- This will help build on the existing partnerships between African countries & India and to explore new areas of convergence for mutual engagements including areas like capacity building, training, cyber security, maritime security and counter terrorism.
- The Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses shall be the knowledge partner of India Africa Defence Dialogue and will assist in providing necessary support for enhanced defence cooperation between India and Africa.
- The next India Africa Defence Dialogue will be held on the sidelines of the DefExpo scheduled to be held in Gandhinagar in March 2022.
- The broad theme of this India Africa Defence Dialogue will be ‘India – Africa: Adopting Strategy for Synergizing and Strengthening Defence and Security Cooperation’.
India and the US launched the Climate Action and Finance Mobilization Dialogue (CAFMD).
- The CAFMD is one of the two tracks of the India-U.S. Climate and Clean Energy Agenda 2030 partnership launched at the Leaders’ Summit on Climate in April 2021, by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and US President Mr. Joseph Biden.
- The dialogue will not only strengthen India-US bilateral cooperation on climate and environment but will also help to demonstrate how the world can align swift climate action with inclusive and resilient economic development, taking into account national circumstances and sustainable development priorities.
Also read: India – US relations
Read previous PIB here.
September 13th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here