The Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC vacancy 2020 through the official UPSC Notification 2020. A total of 796 vacancies have been notified for IAS 2020.
For further details on UPSC Notification 2020, check the article linked here.
UPSC vacancy varies with the requirement raised by different ministries. The final number of vacancies for the UPSC exam 2020 may undergo change after getting a firm number of vacancies from Cadre Controlling Authorities.
Check the detailed information on UPSC 2020 in the linked page.
Candidates writing IAS Prelims 2020 can check the following links important for their UPSC preparation.
UPSC releases reserved vacancies each year for people with disabilities in the following categories:
(a) Blindness and low vision
(b) Deaf and hard of hearing
(c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy (cured), dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
(e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (c) including deaf-blindness.
Out of 796 UPSC Vacancy 2020, 24 vacancies are for the Persons with Benchmark Disability Category. i.e.
- 3 vacancies for candidates of blindness and low vision
- 9 Vacancies for deaf and hard of hearing
- 8 Vacancies for locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy, and
- 4 Vacancies for multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (c) including deaf-blindness.
The number of UPSC vacancy 2020 is less than the past trends. Let’s take a look at the number of vacancies released for previous UPSC Exams.
The number of vacancies in which recruitment will be done through the IAS exam 2019 was 896 which included 32 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability category.
UPSC Vacancy List
The UPSC Vacancies over a few years have been given below:
Candidates can check the category-wise UPSC Civil Service Examination Vacancies From 2010 to 2015 below:
UPSC recruits candidates through the Civil Services Exam for 24 services including Group A services like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. and Group B services like DANICS, DANIPS, PPS, etc.
The list of services and posts for which the UPSC vacancy 2020 has been declared is given in the official notification.
The services and posts for which UPSC vacancies for 2020 are likely to be declared are:
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
The vacancies are an approximate number and the UPSC takes the final decision during the merit ranking to recruit the final number of officers. This is based on the final number given by the respective authorities controlling each cadre.
Reservation for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, EWS and People with Benchmark Disability varies based on government decisions.
Irrespective of the number of UPSC vacancies that have been declared in 2020, aspirants should keep their preparation on track to ace UPSC 2020.