To recruit teachers in secondary and senior secondary levels in Bihar, Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) conducts the Bihar TET exam every year. Before the examination, an official notification was released on the BSEB website. Aspirants must view this notification to check Bihar TET eligibility and other parameters to avoid confusion regarding the examination.
Candidates can also visit the linked article and get details about the upcoming
government exams that comprise current affairs and general awareness as an important topic in the syllabus.
|Kickstart your competitive exam preparation now and complement it with the links given below:|
Bihar TET Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Bihar TET are divided into two parameters. Those are age limits and educational qualifications.
Applicants looking to apply for this examination must be a minimum of 21 years of age. At the same time, the upper age limit for candidates will differ across applicant categories. A detailed understanding of age-specific eligibility is provided in the table below.
|Category of Applicants||Maximum Age Limit (in Years)|
|OBC (Male and Female)||40|
|SC/ST (Male and Female)||42|
The minimum requirements for individuals applying for the position of primary school teacher are as follows –
- Candidates must have passed the class 10 examination with an aggregate of 45% marks or equivalent.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks with a B.Ed. degree.
- Lastly, candidates appearing in Diploma in Special Elementary or Diploma in Education or Bachelor in Elementary Education are eligible.
Furthermore, the minimum requirements for applicants applying for upper primary level are as follows –
- Candidates who passed or appeared for bachelor’s courses with a minimum of 45% marks are eligible.
- Also, candidates who have appeared or passed senior secondary or B. Ed. with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible to apply.
- Applicants with a 4-year bachelor’s degree with 50% marks are eligible to teach from standard VI to VII.
- Also, candidates with a graduate with 50% marks and one-year D.El. Ed. are eligible.
- Lastly, aspirants appearing for B. Ed. or the 2nd year diploma in Elementary Education or the second year diploma in Education in Special Education are also eligible.
Subject-related Qualification for Primary Level
The primary level signifies level I of the Bihar TET examination.
|Hindi||Graduation in Hindi + B. Ed.|
|Sanskrit||Graduation in Sanskrit + B. Ed.|
|Social Studies||Graduation with Geography, History, or Economy and Polity + B. Ed.|
|English||Graduation in English + B. Ed.|
The candidates can go through the relevant topics useful for their upcoming exams from the links provided below:
|SLAT Admit Card||CTET Syllabus|
|UPSSSC PET||UPTET Exam Pattern|
|Bihar TET Age Limit||UPTET Syllabus|
Subject-related Qualification for Upper Primary Level
The upper primary level signifies paper II of the examination.
|Mathematics||Post-graduation in Mathematics + B. Ed.|
|Chemistry||Post-graduation in Chemistry + B. Ed.|
|Physics||Post-graduation in Physics + B. Ed.|
|English||Post-graduation in English + B. Ed.|
|Botany||Post-graduation in Botany + B. Ed.|
|Zoology||Post-graduation in Zoology + B. Ed.|
Other Parameters of Bihar TET Exam Eligibility
Apart from the Bihar TET eligibility criteria mentioned above, there are some other pointers as follows –
- Candidates who are citizens of India and possess Bihar domicile certificates are eligible for this exam.
- Applicants with a diploma or degree certificates in teacher education must be accredited by the Central or State Government or NCTE.
- Candidates with Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B. Ed. in special education will be valid if it is recognised by RCI.
- Lastly, applicants with a degree equivalent to technical education such as Greek education or polytechnics and oriental language special are not valid.
Hence, aspirants looking to apply for the BTET examination should abide by the Bihar TET eligibility parameters. These parameters are mentioned in the notification released by the BSEB every year.
For the Best preparation strategy for competitive exams, candidates can visit the linked article and get detailed study material and preparation tips to excel in the examination.
Aspirants who shall be appearing for the exam for the first time and are willing to get some preparation tips and study material for the competitive exams can turn to BYJU’S for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bihar TET Eligibility
Who conducts the BTET examination?
Bihar School Examination Board or BSEB conducts BTET.
What is the minimum age limit for the BTET examination?
Aspirants must be a minimum of 21 years for Bihar TET.
What is the examination mode for BTET?
BTET exam is conducted in offline mode.
|Bank Exams||SSC Exams|
|Insurance Exams||RRB Exams|
|Government Exams after 12th||Upcoming Bank Exams|
|List of Regional Rural Banks in India||Bank Exams preparation|