The full form of CAWACH is Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis. The topic has been in buzz recently. Hence, forms an important part of current affairs and general awareness section of competitive exams.
CAWACH – Why in the News?
Department of Science & Technology has approved setting up of a Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis (CAWACH).
The article aims to provide in-depth information on CAWACH India to the candidates to make their exam preparation a cakewalk.
Aspirants of various Government Exams can go through the linked page for the latest updates on upcoming examinations.
CAWACH – Overview
- The Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis (CAWACH) is an initiative by National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
- DST has approved the setting up of CAWACH to scout, evaluate and support the innovations and startups that address COVID-19 challenges.
- The Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE), a technology business incubator at IIT Bombay supported by the Department of Science and Technology has been identified as the implementing agency of the CAWACH.
- The CAWACH’s mandate will be to extend timely support to potential startups by way of the requisite financial assistance and fund deployment targeting innovations that are deployable in the market within the next 6 months.
- SINE will source and support startups having solutions to fight pandemic COVID-19 by way of funding.
- SINE will be supported by Indian STEPs and Business Incubator Association (ISBA) in implementation of the program.
|Preparing for Government exams? Outdo the competitors in the examination, do the comprehensive study with the following –|
Objectives of CAWACH
- The main objective of CAWACH is to scout, evaluate and support the innovations and start-ups that address COVID-19 challenges.
- The Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 health crisis aims to tap challenges faced by the country due to the severe impact of Coronavirus disease.
Candidates can check RSTV Big Pictures – Coronavirus and Its Impact on the Economy.
- CAWACH will identify up to 50 innovations and startups that are in the area of the novel, low cost, safe and effective ventilators, respiratory aids, protective gears, novel solutions for sanitizers, disinfectants, diagnostics, therapeutics, informatics and any effective interventions to control COVID-19.
- It will provide access to pan India networks for testing, trial and market deployment of these products and solutions in the identified areas of priority COVID-19 solutions.
Candidates can check similar schemes and initiatives by the Government of India in relation to Coronavirus disease.
|National Centre For Disease Control||Aarogya Setu||PM Cares Fund|
Aspirants can also go through various government initiatives to promote startups, medium and small scale entrepreneurs etc. on the given links-
|Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan||MSME Samadhaan||Pradhaan Mantri Mudra Yojana|
|PM Garib Kalyan Yojana||RSTV Big Pictures – Coronavirus in Digital Solution|
Candidates can check in detail various Government Schemes which will be helpful for UPSC aspirants and for other competitive exams.
The information on CAWACH is important for UPSC aspirants as well because questions on Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis can be asked in UPSC Prelims as well as in UPSC Mains GS II. Aspirants of UPSC exam can check the links given below –
Aspirants preparing for various government exams can follow the links given below for assistance in their preparation.
You can also check out the preparation strategies for competitive exams to fine-tune your exam prep.