Assistant Central Intelligence Officer, Grade-II/ Executive i.e. ACIO-II/Exe is a General Central Service, Group ‘C’ (Non-gazetted, NonMinisterial) post that has Level 7 (Rs.44,900-1,42,400) in the pay matrix plus admissible Central Govt. allowances. Ministry of Home Affairs invites online applications from Indian Nationals for direct recruitment to the post of ACIO-II/Exe in IB. This is a great opportunity for the candidates who wish to join the Intelligence bureau as an officer.
The candidates who have completes their graduation or equivalent from a recognized University and are between 18 and 27 years(age relaxations permissible as mentioned in the notification) of age can apply for the post online. The details regarding the IB ACIO recruitment examination are given in the article.
|Candidates can complement their preparation for Govt. Exams from the links given below:|
IB ACIO Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the post are given below in the table
|Essential Qualifications||Graduation or equivalent from a recognized university.|
|Desirable Qualifications||Knowledge of computers|
|Age limit||18 years to 27 years|
The upper age limit is relaxable for different categories. The age limit relaxations for different categories are given below in the table.
|Category||Age Limit Relaxation|
|Unreserved||No age relaxation|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC)||3 years|
|Scheduled Castes (SCs)||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribes (STs)||5 years|
|Departmental Candidates||Upper age limit is relaxable up to 40 years of age who have rendered 3 years of regular and continuous service.|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and not remarried.||General candidates – Relaxable up to 35 years|
|SC/ST – Relaxable up to 40 years|
|Meritorious sportspersons specified in Para 1 (a) of DoP&AR O.M. No. 14015/1/76-Estt.(D), dtd 4.8.1980.||Maximum 5 years|
|Ex-servicemen||Age relaxation as per the Govt. instructions in this regard issued by the Central Government from time to time.|
IB ACIO Vacancy
The official notification for IB ACIO Grade II – Executive 2023 is expected soon. The category wise vacancy will be updated as soon as the official notification is released by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
IB ACIO Grade II – Executive 2020 Vacancies
The official notification for IB ACIO Grade II – Executive 2020-21 was released on 18th December 2020 and Exam conducted in the month of February 2021. The category-wise vacancies are as per below mentioned table
|Open Category (OC)||989|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC)||417|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||113|
IB ACIO Grade II – Executive 2017 Vacancies
|Open Category (OC)||951|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC)||184|
IB ACIO Grade II – Executive 2015 Vacancies
|Open Category (OC)||207|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC)||301|
IB ACIO Exam Pattern
The selection process for the Intelligence Bureau ACIO exam is divided into three phases. They are
- Tier-I (online mode)
- Tier-2 (Descriptive type)
- Tier-III (Interview)
IB ACIO Tier-I Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of ACIO Tier 1 is given below
|Part/subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Time|
|General Awareness||20||20||1 Hour|
|Numerical/analytical/logical ability & Reasoning||20||20|
Tier 1 of IB ACIO is conducted online. Each question carries 1 mark and there is a negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer. The candidates who have qualified in Tier 1 will be summoned for Tier 2.
IB ACIO Tier-II Exam Pattern
Tier 2 of IB ACIO consists of an Essay and English comprehension & précis writing. The exam pattern of IB ACIO Tier 2 is given in the table below
|Part/subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Time|
|English comprehension & précis writing||–||20|
On the basis of their combined performance in Tier-I and Tier-II, the candidates would be shortlisted for the Tier-III/Interview. Based on the combined performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and TierIII/Interview, the candidates would be shortlisted for final selection.
IB ACIO Exam Dates
The notification for Assistant Central Intelligence Officer, Grade-II/ Executive post 2023 is expected soon. The exam dates for Tier 1, Tier 2 and the interview will be updated once the notification is released on the official website by the Ministry of Home Affairs. IB ACIO 2020-21 Tier-1, Tier-2 and the interview had been successfully completed. The Result for the same is expected soon. The important events and dates for IB ACIO 2021 are given below
|IB ACIO Official Notification||18th December 2020|
|Online Application Starting Date||19th December 2020|
|Online Application Last Date||9th January 2021|
|Last Date for Online Fee Payment||9th January 2021|
|Last Date for Offline Fee Payment||12th January 2021|
|IB ACIO Tier 1 Admit Card||15th February 2021|
|IB ACIO Tier 1 Exam Date||18th, 19th and 20th February 2021|
|IB ACIO Tier 1 Answer key||24th February 2021|
|IB ACIO Tier 1 Result||1st April 2021|
|IB ACIO Tier 2 Admit card||15th July 2021|
|IB ACIO Tier 2 Exam Date||25th July 2021|
|IB ACIO Interview Date||March and April 2022|
|IB ACIO Final Result||To be announced|
IB ACIO Application Form
Eligible candidates can apply online for the post of ACIO-II/Exe. The details regarding pre-requisites and procedure to apply for the same are discussed below
Pre-requisites to Apply for ACIO-II/Exe
Candidates should upload the scanned (digital) image of their photograph and signature.
- Coloured photo of size 35mm (width) x 45mm (height) not older than 12 weeks. Black & white photo will not be accepted.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with a Black ink pen.
- Please scan the signature area only and not the entire page.
- The size of the file should be between 50-100kb in jpg/jpeg format only.
Procedure to Apply for ACIO-II/Exe
The step by step process for submitting the application form is given below:
- Candidates who agree the terms & conditions may apply by clicking ‘I Agree’ Checkbox given below and pressing the ‘Start’ button.
- The candidate should fill up all the desired information i.e. Personal Details, Contact Details, etc. correctly.
- On completion of Step-I registration, a message will be received in the candidate’s registered email id conveying his/her login ID (Application Sequence Number) & password.
- The candidate has to log out and log in again (for Step – II) in order to fill up other details in the application form.
STEP-II: Completion of Application form
- After registration, the candidate has to log in and complete other details in the application form like Personal Details, Qualification Details, Declaration etc.
- Candidates should upload the scanned (digital) image of their photograph and signature as per the instructions given in the notification.
- Once the application is submitted, candidates will be automatically redirected to SBI gateway to deposit the examination fee.
- Kindly verify the details and make the payment for application fees via different payment modes.
- Post successful online payment, the candidate will be redirected to his/her application form.
IB ACIO-II/Exe Application Fee
The application fee of IB ACIO-II/Exe comprises of two components. They are
- Examination Fee: Rs. 100/-
- Recruitment Processing Charges: Rs.500/-
The fee charged for differennt categories are given below
|General(Male)||Examination Fee + Recruitment Processing Charges|
|EWS(Male)||Examination Fee + Recruitment Processing Charges|
|OBC (Male)||Examination Fee + Recruitment Processing Charges|
|SC/ST||Recruitment Processing Charges only|
|All female candidates||Recruitment Processing Charges only|
|ExSM||Recruitment Processing Charges only|
|CAPF Preparation||IB ACIO Books|
|IB ACIO Result||IB ACIO Vacancy|
|UPSC CAPF Admit Card||IB ACIO Exam pattern|
|IB ACIO Recruitment||IB ACIO Exam Centres|