The MP TET exam is an exam testing the eligibility of candidates fit for the post of teachers in government schools in Madhya Pradesh. This exam selects eligible candidates to teach in Madhya Pradesh’s government schools in primary and upper primary schools.
However, individuals residing in Madhya Pradesh willing to appear for the MP TET exam need to meet a few eligibility criteria. Candidates can read this article on MP TET eligibility to check whether they have met them or not.
Candidates can also visit the linked article and get details about the upcoming government exams that comprise current affairs and general awareness as an important topic in the syllabus.
Kickstart your preparation for upcoming competitive exams now and complement it with the links given below:
MP TET Eligibility 2022
The MP TET Eligibility criteria for the exam related to age limit, educational qualifications, nationality and qualifying marks are discussed below:
The concerned authority has set a similar age limit for all the applicants. There are no age relaxations for any applicant. On the date of application, the candidate must be minimum 21 years of age. The maximum age limit for an applicant is 35 years. Since there are no age limit relaxations, all candidates must fall within the said age limit.
The MPTET examination will be held to recruit teachers for primary and high school classes. Similarly, the educational qualifications for both the posts differ as well. The academic qualifications are mentioned below. A candidate needs to hold any of the degrees mentioned below.
- The candidate must have a diploma degree from any recognised university.
- Applicants must have passed class 12 with at least 50% marks from any recognised board.
- MPTET 2022 eligibility states that graduate candidates have 50% marks and a B.Ed. degree from any recognised university will be able to teach classes 1-5. Along with it, selected candidates will have to complete a 6-month bridge course in primary education. They must do it within 2 years of being appointed as a teacher from the National Council of Teacher Education.
- Applicants must have passed higher secondary with at least 45% marks. Besides that, they should have two years diploma in Elementary Pedagogy, according to the National Council of Teacher Exchange, 2002.
- Candidates should have passed higher secondary with at least 50% marks and a four-year bachelor’s degree (B.El.Ed) in elementary education.
The candidates can go through the relevant topics useful for their upcoming exams from the links provided below:
MPTET eligibility on the basis of nationality is mentioned below:
- Indian citizen
- A permanent citizen of Madhya Pradesh or have a domicile of Madhya Pradesh
Individuals appearing for this exam must score the following percentages for respective categories to qualify for MP TET 2022.
60%- 90 marks out of 150
50%- 82 marks out of 150
This is all for MP TET eligibility 2022. Individuals who are willing to appear for this exam and have met the above-mentioned eligibility criteria should start preparing for the same. A good preparation would help candidates achieve a good score.
For the Best preparation strategy for competitive exams, candidates can visit the linked article and get detailed study material and preparation tips to excel in the examination.
Aspirants who shall be appearing for the exam for the first time and are willing to get some preparation tips and study material for the competitive exams can turn to BYJU’S for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions on MP TET Eligibility
Who conducts the MP TET exam?
The Madhya Pradesh Professional Exam Board (MPBEB) conducts the MPTET exam.
What is the expected cut-off mark in MPTET 2022?
The expected cut-off mark in MPTET 2022 is 90-95 marks for general category students.
Can residents of other states appear for MPTET?
No, only individuals having permanent residence in Madhya Pradesh or domicile of Madhya Pradesh can apply for this exam.