Construct the following quadrilaterals.
i) Quadrilateral of PQRS
PQ = 4.5 cm
QR = 5.5 cm
RS =4 cm
PS = 6 cm
PR =7 cm
ii) Quadrilateral of HUMP
HU = 3.5 cm
MP = 5 cm
PH = 4.5 cm
PU = 6.5 cm
iii) Parallelogram of CORE
OR = 6 cm
RE = 4.5 cm
E0 = 7.5 cm
iv) Rhombus of WEST
i) Firstly , a rough sketch of this quadrilateral can be drawn as follows:
2. Vertex S is 6cm away from vertex P. Therefore, while taking P as centre, drawn an arc of radius 6cm.
3. Taking R as centre, draw an arc of radius 4cm, cutting the previous arc at point S. Join S to and R.
PQRS is the required quadrilateral.
(ii) Firstly, a rough sketch of this quadrilateral can be drawn as follows.
(2) Vertex M is 5 cm away from vertex P and 4 cm away from vertex U. Taking P and U as centres, draw arcs of radii 5 cm and 4 cm respectively. Let the point of intersection be M.
(3) Join M to P and U.
JUMP is the required quadrilateral.
(iii)We know that opposite sides of a parallelogram are equal in length and also these are parallel to each other.
Hence, CE = OR, CO = ER
A rough sketch of this parallelogram can be drawn as follows.
(2) Vertex M is 4.5 cm away from vertex 0 and 6 cm away from vertex E. Therefore, while taking 0 and E as centres, draw arcs of 4.5 cm radius and 6cm radius respectively. These will intersect each other at point M.
(3) Join C to 0 and E.
CORE is the required parallelogram.
(iv)We know that all sides of a rhombus are of the same measure.
Hence, WE = ES = ST = TW
A rough sketch of this rhombus can be drawn as follows.
(2) Vertex S is 4.5 cm away from vertex E and also from vertex T. Therefore, while taking E and T as centres, draw arcs of 4.5 cm radius, which will be intersecting each other at point S.
( 3 ) Join S to E and T.
WEST is the required rhombus.