The NCERT Solutions for Class 8 maths enhance topics with frequent, focused, engaging math challenges and activities that strengthen math concepts. Each question of the exercise has been carefully solved for the students to understand, keeping the examination point of view in mind.
Class 8 Maths Chapter 4-Practical Geometry Exercise 4.5 questions and answers helps the students to understand the construction of a quadrilateral in some special cases. These NCERT Solutions are prepared by BYJU’S subject experts using a step-by-step approach.
Access Other Exercise Solutions of Class 8 Maths Chapter 4- Practical Geometry
Exercise 4.1 Solutions 1 Question
Exercise 4.2 Solutions 1 Question
Exercise 4.3 Solutions 1 Question
Exercise 4.4 Solutions 1 Question
Access Answers to NCERT Class 8 Maths Chapter 4- Practical Geometry Exercise 4.5 Page Number 60
Draw the following:
1. The square READ with RE = 5.1 cm
All the sides of a square are of the same measure and also all the interior angles of a square are of 90º measure. Therefore, the given square READ can be drawn as follows.
(1) Draw a line segment RE of 5.1 cm and an angle of 90º at point R and E.
(2) As vertex A and D are 5.1 cm away from vertex E and R respectively, cut line segments EA and RD, each of 5.1 cm from these rays.
(3) Join D to A.
READ is the required square.
2. A rhombus whose diagonals are 5.2 cm and 6.4 cm long. Solution:
In a rhombus, diagonals bisect each other at 90º. ∴, the given rhombus ABCD can be drawn as follows.
(1) Draw a line segment AC of 5.2 cm and draw its perpendicular bisector. Let it intersect the line segment AC at point O.
(2) Draw arcs of 6.4/2 = 3.2 on both sides of this perpendicular bisector. Let the arcs intersect the perpendicular bisector at point B and D.
(3) Join points B and D with points A and C.
ABCD is the required rhombus.
3. A rectangle with adjacent sides of length 5 cm and 4 cm. Solution:
Opposite sides of a rectangle have their lengths of same measure and also, all the interior angles of a rectangle are of 90º measure. The given rectangle ABCD may be drawn as follows.
(1) Draw a line segment AB of 5 cm and an angle of 90º at point A and B.
(2) As vertex C and D are 4 cm away from vertex B and A respectively, cut line segments AD and BC, each of 4 cm, from these rays.
(3) Join D to C.
ABCD is the required rectangle.
4. A parallelogram OKAY where OK = 5.5 cm and KA = 4.2 cm. Solution:
Opposite sides of a parallelogram are equal and parallel to each other. The given parallelogram OKAY can be drawn as follows.
(1) Draw a line segment OK of 5.5 cm and a ray at point K at a convenient angle.
(2) Draw a ray at point O parallel to the ray at K. As the vertices, A and Y, are 4.2 cm away from the vertices K and O respectively, cut line segments KA and OY, each of 4.2 cm, from these rays.
(3) Join Y to A.
OKAY is the required rectangle.
The exercise 4.5 of NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 4- Practical Geometry is based on the following topics:
- Constructing a Quadrilateral
- Some special cases