NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 2 Linear Equations in One Variable, are provided here in PDF format, which can be downloaded for free. The NCERT Solutions for the chapter Linear Equations in One Variable have been designed by mathematics experts at BYJU’S accurately. All the solved questions of Linear Equations in One Variable, are with respect to the latest NCERT syllabus and guidelines, to help students solve each exercise question present in the book and prepare for the exam. These serve as a reference tool for the students to do their homework and assignments as well. The NCERT Solutions for Class 8 contains the exercise-wise answers for all the chapters, thus being a very useful study material for the students studying in Class 8.
Access Answers of Maths NCERT Class 8 Chapter 2 – Linear Equations in One Variable
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 2- Linear Equations in One Variable
In order to find the value of some unknown quantities with minimal information about it given, a stronghold on the concept of Algebra is necessary. This chapter has 6 exercises that deal with the topic of linear equations in one variable.
The major concepts covered in this chapter include:
2.2 Solving Equations which have Linear Expressions on 1 Side and Numbers on the other
2.3 Some Applications
2.4 Solving Equations having the Variable on both Sides
2.5 Some More Applications
2.6 Reducing Equations to Simpler Form
2.7 Equations Reducible to the Linear Form
Exercise 2.1 Solutions 12 Questions (12 Short Answer Questions)
Exercise 2.2 Solutions 16 Questions (6 Long Answer Questions, 10 Short Answer Questions)
Exercise 2.3 Solutions 10 Questions (3 Long Answer Questions, 7 Short Answer Questions)
Exercise 2.4 Solutions 10 Questions (4 Long Answer Questions, 6 Short Answer Questions)
Exercise 2.5 Solutions 10 Questions (1 Long Answer Questions, 9 Short Answer Questions)
Exercise 2.6 Solutions 7 Questions (1 Long Answer Questions, 6 Short Answer Questions)
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 2 – Linear Equations in One Variable
Chapter 2 of NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths is the continuation of the concept of algebraic expressions and equations that the students learned in lower classes. In this chapter, the students learn with equations having one variable. Some of the main topics or concepts that are discussed in this chapter include:
- An algebraic equation is an equality involving variables. It says that the value of the expression on one side of the equality sign is equal to the value of the expression on the other side.
- A linear equation may have for its solution any rational number.
- An equation may have linear expressions on both sides.
- Just as numbers, variables can, also, be transposed from one side of the equation to the other.
- Occasionally, the expressions forming equations have to be simplified before we can solve them by usual methods. Some equations may not even be linear, to begin with, but they can be brought to a linear form by multiplying both sides of the equation by a suitable expression.
- The utility of linear equations is in their diverse applications; different problems on numbers, ages, perimeters, a combination of currency notes, and so on can be solved using linear equations.
Learning the chapter Linear Equations in One Variable enables the students to understand:
- Multiplication and division of algebraic exp. (Coefficient should be integers)
- Some common errors
- The method of solving linear equations in one variable in contextual problems involving multiplication and division (word problems) (avoid complex coefficient in the equations).