Question 1: Construct the geometry of the following quadrilaterals by the given data.
i) Quadrilateral of the word called GIFT
GI= 4 cm
IF= 3 cm
TG= 2.5 cm
GF= 4.5 cm
IT= 4 cm
ii) Quadrilateral BOLD
OL =7.5 cm
LD =5 cm
iii) Rhombus MEND
The rough text of the quadrilateral can be drawn here:
2) Vertex F is 4.5 cm away from vertex L and 5 cm away from vertex I. Therefore, while taking L and I as centres, draw arcs of 4.5 cm radius and 3 cm radius respectively, which will be intersecting each other at point F.
3) Join F to T and F to I.
BEAT is the required to form the quadrilateral.
ii) A rough sketch of this the diagram quadrilateral can be as follows.
2) Vertex O is 10 cm to the vertex D and 7.5 Cm from vertex L. Therefore, while taking D and L as centres, draw arcs of 10 cm radius and 7.5 cm radius respectively. These will intersect each other at point O.
3) Join O to L and B.
4) BOLD is the required quadrilateral.
iii) We know that the diagonals of a rhombus always bisect each other at
A rough sketch of the rhombus can be drawn as follows:
1) Draw a line segment MN of 5.6 cm and also draw its perpendicular bisector. Let it intersect the line segment MN at point O.
2) Taking O as centre, draw arcs of 3.25 cm radius to intersect the perpendicular.
3) Join points D and E to the points B and N.
MEND is the required quadrilateral.