Chemistry is the study of matter experiencing transition, chemistry, in fact, goes beyond its conventional meanings. Chemistry has had a close link with the everyday actions of human beings since the evolution of mankind itself. Each matter is chemistry-related even we humans are made of chemicals. Chemistry plays a vital role in characterizing this industrial world. Chemistry is a huge part of our everyday lives. This is in turn present in every part of our lives. In the food we consume, the air we drink, the washing of chemicals, our feelings and practically any surface we can see or touch, we find chemistry in everyday life.
1. Chloramine-T is an
2. Benzalkonium chloride is a
- cationic surfactant and antiseptic
- anionic surfactant and soluble in most of the organic solvents
- cationic surfactant and insoluble in most organic solvents.
- cationic surfactant and antimalarial
3. Interferon is connected with
- ore of iron
4. Ibuprofen contains
- only S-enantiomer
- only R-enantiomer
- the racemic mixture of both R and S enantiomer
- both R and S enantiomers are active pain killers
5. Which of the following is a hypnotic drug?
6. Detergents are prepared by the action of H2SO4 on which of the following?
- Lauryl alcohol
7. Which of the following will not act as an antacid?
- sodium hydrogen carbonate
- magnesium hydroxide
- sodium carbonate
- aluminium carbonate
8. The main cause of acidity in the stomach is
- release of extra gastric acids which decrease the pH level
- indigestion and pain in the large intestine
- increase the pH level in the stomach
- release of extra bile juice which increases alkaline medium in the stomach
9. Chloramphenicol is
- broad spectrum antibacterial
- broad spectrum analgesic
- broad spectrum antibiotic
- narrow spectrum antibiotic
10. One of the most widely used drugs in medicine iodex is
- methyl salicylate
- ethyl salicylate
- acetyl salicylic acid
- o-hydroxy benzoic acid