Organic chemistry is that branch of chemistry which deals with the study of compounds of carbon with hydrogen and their derivatives. Presently about five million organic compounds are known. Organic compounds were found to contain mainly hydrogen and carbon. Therefore, organic chemistry is defined as the study of hydrocarbons and their derivatives. Organic chemistry is essentially the chemistry of carbon. Carbon compounds are arranged according to how the carbon atoms are arranged and what other groups of atoms are attached.
1. Which one of the following is most acidic?
2. Zinc copper couple that can be used as a reducing agent is obtained by
- Mixing Zn dust and copper gauze
- Zinc coated with copper
- Copper coated with zinc
- Zinc and copper wires welded together.
3. Benzene-diazonium chloride on reaction with phenol in weakly basic medium gives
- Diphenyl ether
4. Which one of the following does not contain the -COOH group?
- Picric acid
- Benzoic acid
- Ethanoic acid
5. In the compound CH2=CH-CH2-CH2-C≡CH the C2-C3 bond is of the type
6. On heating ammonium dichromate the gas evolved is
- Nitrous oxide
7. Which of the following statements is not correct when a mixture of NaCl and K2Cr2O7 is gently warmed with conc.H2SO4?
- a deep red vapour is evolved
- the vapour when passed into NaOH solution gives a yellow solution of Na2CrO4
- Cl2 gas is evolved
- Chromyl chloride is formed
8. The bad smelling substance formed by action of alcoholic caustic potash on chloroform and aniline is
- Phenyl Isocyanide
9. Three centered bond is present in
10. A gaseous mixture contains O2 and N2 in the ratio 1:4 by mass. The ratio of their molecules is
Recommended NEET Chemistry MCQ