The banking sector provides one of the best career opportunities for the aspiring candidates. The career in banking sectors is not only growth oriented but is also secured and respectable. So, in-numerous candidates appear for various bank exams every year to enter the banking career.
For the bank exams, there are different eligibility criteria for various posts. Except the clerical posts, all the other posts require a minimum of graduation degree from any Government recognized University.
Due to the dearth of engineering jobs, a large number of engineers are shifting to a better career such as Bank Jobs.
The candidates with an Engineering degree are eligible for the bank exam and certain candidates from specific streams are also eligible for the post of Specialist Officers (SO) such as IT Officer. (Candidates from Computer, Information technology or Electronics and communication departments are eligible for the post of IT Officer).
A few important tips are given below to help the engineers crack the bank exams with ease.
- Start the preparation by knowing the syllabus and the pattern for the concerned exam and make a proper study strategy along with a time table.
- Naturally after studying engineering, students build a good base for the numerical section, still the competition should not be ignored and every topic should be prepared well.
- The newspapers and magazines also play a vital role while preparing for the general awareness section. So read standard newspapers and magazines regularly to keep the current affairs up-to-date.
- This habit also helps for the English Language preparation since the vocabulary and reading speed increases significantly.
- Practice the reasoning section regularly since the variation of questions from this section is notable.
- Prepare well for the specialized subject (if any) since that would also be helpful for the interview and clear your grammar concepts along with concentrating on vocabulary.
- The interview (for the particular exams) is also a very crucial part and preparation should be taken for it as well. Though there is no proper rule for the interview, some knowledge about the economy and banks should be prepared well and basic etiquette should be taken care of.
Though the engineers have a high chance of clearing the bank exams but this interpretation should never blind and distract their focus from the bank exams. There is a huge competition with limited number of vacancies and hence proper dedication and focus is the key to clear the bank exams.
To Know more about Bank Exam Syllabus, Visit Byju’s