Balkan Regional Center for Trade Promotion is an agreement that was signed on October 13th, 1998 in Antalya, Turkey during the Summit of Heads of State and Government of southeast European Countries by the representatives of Trade Promotion Organisations.
This is an important topic for all IAS exam aspirants.
What are the different agreements that are a part of Turkey’s Policies towards Balkan countries?
The various agreements are listed below:
- Trade and Economic Cooperation Agreements
- Agreements on Reciprocal Promotion and Protection of Investments
- Agreements on Avoidance of Double Taxation
- Free Trade Agreements
Who is the permanent secretariat of BRCTP?
The permanent secretariat of BRCTP is iGEME.
What are the objectives of BRCTP?
The main objectives of BRCTP are :
- Strengthening the trade relations and economic cooperation in the region
- Increasing the share of Balkan Countries in world trade