UPSC Exam Preparation: Topic of the Day – Deen Dayal Upadhayay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana
The Department of Science and Technology has been implementing various different initiatives for the upliftment and economic development of rural areas in India. A number of appropriate technologies have been developed, demonstrated and deployed at several locations in the country.
The government has recently launched the “Deen Dayal Upadhayay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana”. It will experiment and endeavour to formulate and implement appropriate Science & Technology Interventions for Sustainable Development through cluster approach in Uttarakhand.
In this article, discussed are the major objectives and benefits of the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana. IAS Exam aspirants must carefully go through the information discussed further below.
|Know how prepared you are for the upcoming IAS Exam by solving Previous Years UPSC Question Papers!
Also, refer to the links below for comprehensive preparation:
Multiple policies and programmes have been launched in India for the betterment of the citizen of the country. Candidates can get the comprehensive List of Government Schemes in India at the linked article.
Objectives of Deen Dayal Upadhyay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana
Discussed below are the main objectives of this scheme.
- Under the scheme, the department of science and technology has designed a framework to adopt a few clusters of villages and transform them to become self-sustainable in a time bound manner through the tools of Science and Technology in Uttarakhand
- Under this approach, the key deliverable is to make use of the local resources and locally available skill sets and convert them in such a manner, that substantial value addition takes place in their local produce and services which can sustain the rural population locally using science and technology
- Additionally, the local communities need not migrate from their native places in search of jobs and livelihoods. Areas of interventions in these selected clusters would be processing and value addition of local crops, forest produce, herbal tea, mushroom, honey, milk, medicinal & aromatic plants and traditional handicrafts, handloom of Uttarakhand
- Extraction of apricot oil using cold press technology, post-harvest processing of Elaichi, Adrak, Tulsi, Cherry, Kiwi, Strawberry through solar drying technology
- Stringent product and process control interventions for energy and water conservation is also made sure through this project. During the implementation of the project, animal husbandry, agro base cottage industries and practice of agriculture in an eco-friendly manner will be laid emphasis on
|Skill India Mission||Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY)|
|Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA)||Schemes Introduced for the Benefit of Farmers|
|Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana||SVAMITVA Scheme|
Benefits of Deen Dayal Upadhyay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana
- About one lakh people would be benefitted by this project, directly or indirectly in four identified clusters of 60 villages in Uttarakhand.
- The adopted strategy would help in creating models that are appropriate for different altitudes and could then be replicated in other hill states as well.
- Sustainable employment and livelihood options within the clusters such as eco-tourism, naturopathy and yoga, are also being planned to be promoted.
Aspirants preparing for the upcoming Civil Services exam can refer to the UPSC Syllabus page and get the comprehensive, subject-wise syllabus and detailed exam pattern for the Prelims and Mains examination.
Also, all aspirants can check the best Preparation Strategy for Competitive Exams at the linked article.
For any further information regarding the upcoming government exams, study material, preparation tips or notes, candidates can turn to BYJU’S for assistance.