UPSC Exam Preparation: Topic of the Day – Intensified Mission Indradhanush
Intensified Mission Indradhanush UPSC
Aimed at reducing maternal and child mortality by reaching out to each and every child under two years of age and all the pregnant women who are left uncovered under the routine immunization programme, Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) programme was launched by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It targets to accelerate complete immunization coverage to more than ninty percent by December 2018. The focus is on improving immunization coverage in certain selected cities and districts to ensure that the targets set through an aggressive action plan are reached by the end of December 2018. Greater focus will be on urban areas and other areas with a low immunization cover which were one of the gaps of Mission Indradhanush.
Intensified Mission Indradhanush Guidelines
- The Intensified Mission Indradhanush drive will run for 7 working days starting from the 7th of every month, for four consecutive months excluding the routine immunization days, Sundays and holidays.
- Inter-departmental, inter-ministerial coordination including convergence with other departments and ministries especially youth affairs, urban development, panchayati raj, women and child development is a distinctive feature of IMI programme.
- For better coordination and implementation of the programme, mechanism for convergence of ground level workers such as the Self Help Groups, Zila Preraks under National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM), ASHAs, Anganwadi Workers etc,. with the programme has been devised.
- Strategies like rigorous monitoring of the programme and action based review mechanism have been formulated for ensuring that the programme is implemented in an effective and an efficient manner.
- Implementation of the programme will be monitored regularly, at the central, state and district level. It will be monitored at the highest level under Proactive Governance And Timely Implementation (PRAGATI).
- To recognize the districts with 90% coverage, it has designed an appreciation and award mechanism. The Civil Society Organizations or partners will be given the certificate of appreciation.
|Mission Indradhanush for PSBs|
|Mission Indradhanush Gaining Ground In Kerala|
|All Urban Poor Now To Be Assisted With Livelihood Opportunities|