Maharaja Express is a luxury train service with all modern facilities and state of the art design. It is a train journey to treat the tourists with the scenic beauty of India along with its cultural heritage. The train traverses through the 5 states of India; Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat and Delhi.
Aspirants would find this topic very helpful in the IAS Exam.
Aspirants may read about relevant articles:
|Interesting Facts about Indian Railways||Railway Zones and Headquarters in India|
|RSTV: Big Picture – Changing Indian Railways||Privatization of Indian Railways|
|Talgo Train||Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet Train|
How Many Maharaja Express Trains are in India?
There are 4 types of Maharaja Express trains following different routes. The details of Maharaja Express and the routes followed by each are given below.
- Heritage of India – This train covers Mumbai, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Agra, Delhi.
- Indian Panorama – This train covers Delhi, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra, Orchha, Khajuraho, Varanasi, Delhi.
- Treasures of India – It covers Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore, Jaipur, Delhi.
- Indian Splendor – It is 6 days, 7 nights journey covering Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore, Jaipur, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Mumbai.
Which are the Luxury Trains of India?
As of 2020, there 8 different types of Luxury Trains in India which draws tourists from all across the globe. The list of 8 super luxury trains is mentioned below.
- Maharaja Express
- Deccan Odyssey
- Palace on Wheels
- Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
- Golden Chariot
- Royal Orient Train
- Fairy Queen Express
- Heritage on Wheels
Which is the Most Luxurious Train in the World?
Venice Simplon – Orient Express (VSOE) is the world’s most authentic luxury train. It runs between London and Venice and it is owned by Belmond Ltd. Depending on seasons it covers important cities of Europe like Paris, Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Bucharest, Rome, Cologne etc.
The above details would help candidates prepare for UPSC 2021.
|IAS Salary||IAS Eligibility|
|Civil Service Exam||Static GK|
|Government Exams||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Books||UPSC Question Paper|
|Best Optional Subjects for UPSC||10 Must-Read Books for IAS Aspirants|