TABLE OF CONTENTS
Recently, on 16th August 2021 INS Tabar and HMS Westminster undertook a naval exercise at the English Channel.
- The naval exercise between India and United Kingdom marked the presence of Falcon Electronic Warfare Aircraft along with integral helicopters on the two ships.
- It engaged in mock drills such as anti-submarine procedures, firing drill, combat preparedness, combat maneuvering and maritime picture compilation.
- The exercise was in addition to other similar engagements between India-UK at the harbor earlier.
- It was part of the four-day tour of Indian Navy to Portsmouth.
- The exercise is expected to have consolidate interoperability, and strengthen overall naval ties between India-UK.
- The impact of such naval exercises will provide a secure and credible environment in the region along with strengthening the field capabilities of both countries.
Ministry of Panchayati Raj is organizing a national webinar on ‘Zero Hunger by 2030’ as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to sensitize grassroot leaders, on 23.08.2021.
- As part of the Jan Utsav with Jan Bhagidari, a series of events are planned under the banner of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav marking the 75th anniversary of India’s independence.
- It shall be based on the 5 pillars as beacon of light: Freedom Struggle, Ideas at 75, Achievements at 75, Actions at 75 and Resolves at 75.
- The national webinar on 23.08.2021 will aim to discuss the issues such as food security, sustainable agriculture, minimization of food loss, and public distribution.
- The target as per Sustainable Development Goal 2: Reduce Zero Hunger by 2030 is aimed to achieve with help from the latest available technology and ICT.
- Various national and international partners such as Department of Food & Public Distribution, Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, UNDP, World Food Program respectively will be taking part in the national webinar.
- Special focus shall be on the institutions of local self-governance i.e., three tiers of Panchayat; with reference to analyzing ways to augment their capabilities to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030.
- To enhance the public participation the webinar shall be livestreamed through the Ministry of Panchayati Raj website.
The National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Ltd., has commissioned the largest Floating Solar PV Project (25MW) on the reservoir of its Simhadri thermal station in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- It has been functionalized as part of the Flexibilization Scheme, launched by the Government in 2018.
- The total floating installation is spread over 75 acres in area with energy from one lakh solar PV module.
- Once operational it is expected to minimize 46,000 tons of CO2 annually. It is also believed to conserve 1,364 million liters of water per annum.
- Along with the solar PV model, NTPC is also planning on setting up a hydrogen-based micro-grid system on a pilot basis, at Simhadri.
- As part of NTPC’s target to install 60 gigawatts of renewable energy capacity by 2032; NTPC has powered a total of 71 Power Stations including 29 Renewable energy projects.
- NTPC is India’s first energy company to declare its energy compact goals as part of the UN High-Level Dialogue on Energy (HLDE).
- The intent of NTPC is to provide affordable, uninterrupted clean energy from its Power stations.
Read previous PIB here.
August 21st, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here
|Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana||New Development Bank (NDB)
|National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction (NAPDDR)
|Consumer Price Index (CPI)