27 November 2023 PIB
Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Syllabus: GS-3, Economy, Agriculture
Prelims: National Milk Day
National Milk Day celebrated on 26 November.
National Milk Day 2023:
- National Milk Day is observed on 26 November every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Verghese Kurien, the “Father of the White Revolution in India”.
- The National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) and the Indian Dairy Association (IDA) announced in 2014 that the day would be celebrated to commemorate the achievements of Dr. Kurien in making India a self-sufficient milk-producing country.
- The theme for National Milk Day is flexible and is a part of the broader concept of stressing the general importance of consuming milk.
Read more on the White Revolution in India in the linked article.
Syllabus: GS-1, History, Art & Culture
Prelims: Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji
Parkash Purab of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of Sikhism, was born at Nankana Sahib in 1469.
- This is celebrated as his date of birth i.e. Parkash Purab.
Read more on Guru Nanak Dev Ji in the linked article.
Read the previous PIB articles here.
|Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
|National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
|National Food Security Act (NFSA)