30 September 2023 PIB
Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. SIMBEX 23 2. World Heart Day
1. SIMBEX 23
Syllabus: GS-2, International relations
Prelims: SIMBEX 23
Context: Indian Naval Ships Ranvijay (guided-missile Destroyer), Kavaratti (ASW Corvette), submarine Sindhukesari and a long range Maritime Patrol Aircraft P8I participated in the 30th edition of Singapore India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) in Singapore.
- SIMBEX 23 was first held in 1994, the three-decade-old annual exercise kicked off with an opening ceremony on 21 September 2023, which was attended by personnel from both the navies.
- The ceremony saw the unveiling of the SIMBEX 30th Edition Logo.
- The Harbour Phase witnessed a wide range of professional interactions, Subject Matter Expert Exchanges, conduct of combined aviation and firefighting/ damage control exercises, and the signing of a Joint Standard Operating Procedure (JSOP) on Submarine Rescue between India and Singapore.
- The Commanding Officers of the Indian Navy contingent also paid homage at the Kranji War Memorial in a solemn wreath laying ceremony.
Read more on SIMBEX.
Syllabus: GS-2, Social justice
Prelims: World Heart Day
Context: Union Health Secretary chairs webinar on World Heart Day to accelerate people’s movement for Healthy Heart in India.
- The aim of the webinar was to accelerate people’s Movement for Healthy Heart in India.
- Experts from the Medical Fraternity and in the field of Cardiology along with public health experts participated in the webinar.
- He urged the medical doctors to pay little more attention to patients who are coming to the health facilities and encourage them for lifestyle modifications for the patients of heart diseases.
- He stressed upon the health policy shift from curative to preventive & promotive health, where more focus is given on prevention of the occurrence of the diseases.
Read the previous PIB articles here.
|Malabar Naval Exercise||Indra Exercise|
|Joint Military Exercises of the Indian Army||World Heart Day|
|World Health Organisation (WHO)||UPI-PayNow Linkage|