This article shares the success story of Anmol Singh Bedi, who secured an All India Rank – 2. This article throws light on his mains exam strategy, his strategy for essay paper, marks obtained by him, the optional subject chosen by him, and most importantly the books for reference.
For details on the exam conducted by UPSC, candidates can visit the link IAS Exam.
|Aspirants should begin their preparation by solving UPSC Previous Year Question Papers now!!
To complement your preparation for the upcoming exam, check the following links:
Anmol Sher Singh Bedi – Introduction
“India is growing by leaps and bounds. I want to play a pivotal role in it.” – Anmol Sher Singh Bedi, AIR 2, CSE 2016
The UPSC civil services exam results 2016-17 have been declared and as usual, the results show a mixed bag of candidates from diverse backgrounds. This year, the second rank was bagged by Amritsar boy, Anmol Sher Singh Bedi.
All of just 23, UPSC topper Anmol is a computer engineer who secured this astounding feat right in his maiden attempt at the civil services exam.
UPSC IAS Topper – Anmol’s Background
- UPSC second topper Anmol Sher Singh Bedi hails from Amritsar, Punjab.
- He is the son of Dr Sarabjit Singh Bedi, a professor at NIT, Jalandhar and Jassi Bedi who works for an NGO.
- He has a sister Gursimran whose support Anmol counts as invaluable in his IAS pursuit.
- Anmol did his schooling from Spring Dale School and completed his B. Tech in computer sciences from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani.
UPSC Topper Strategy
- Anmol studied for about 8 hours a day and remained consistent.
- He was always high on motivation and did not let the occasional low score at school days weigh him down.
- Anmol was a student at BYJU’S. Check our IAS coaching offerings at the linked article.
- According to civil services topper Anmol Sher Singh, one should start contemplating about the IAS exam before entering into any degree course.
- He started his preparation in his final semester of engineering itself.
- He says that smart work is important since the UPSC syllabus is huge.
Mains Answer Writing Strategy
- He recommends writing simple answers.
- He wrote a basic introduction to every answer.
- He also suggests writing in bullet points.
- Anmol recommends giving optimistic conclusions to the answers.
Essay Paper Strategy
- Anmol suggests giving good and relevant quotes in the beginning itself.
- The ideas in the essay must be clear and simple.
- The essay should be organised properly and a good flow must be maintained.
IAS Topper Marks
IAS Topper Book List
Anmol shares his booklist for the UPSC exam.
|Optional Subject (Political Science and International Relations)|
Anmol Sher Singh Bedi Facts
Optional: Political Science
Native State: Punjab
Age when cleared the exam: 23
The above details would help candidates prepare for UPSC 2020.