The Delhi police constable is a vital recruitment process conducted by the recruitment cell of Delhi Police, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The application for this examination is made via online methods. However, the selection process itself requires candidates to fulfill some specific criteria.
Aspirants can also get details of the Delhi Police Recruitment for various posts at the linked article. Delhi Police is an authority to enforce the law in Delhi NCT under the Ministry of Home Affairs administration.
Candidates can also familiarize themselves with the list of other government exams conducted in the country at the linked article. Here, one can check the upcoming exams, important dates, etc. for their reference.
|Kickstart your preparation for upcoming competitive exams now and complement it with the links given below:
For the 2022-23 recruitment process, the online registration of the examination will begin from 9th January 2023 and close on 12th February 2023. The examination date is tentatively around May 2023.
SSC Delhi Police Constable Eligibility Criteria
The Delhi police constable notification 2020 had revealed that the criteria for candidates to apply for this recruitment process are pretty strict and in line with the other police recruitment regimes in the country. It is expected that the same will be applicable for 2022 also. Here is a brief list of the eligibility criteria for candidates:
- The nationality of the candidate should be Indian. Since the recruitment is of police constables, candidates must be natives of the country.
- The candidate should have passed a 10+2 grade of education from any nationally recognized education board in any discipline. This criterium, however, applies only to the post of a constable and not a bandsman, buglers, drivers or mounted constables of the Delhi police since, in their cases, the education background could be up to 11th-grade pass.
- The age limit of the Delhi police constable candidate should be between 18 and 25 years, provided that they belong to the general category. For candidates of categories such as SC, ST and OBC, there is a relaxation of 5 years (for SC and ST candidates) and three years (for OBC candidates).
- The candidate should possess a valid driving license in their name, be it for a motorcycle or a car if they have applied for a male executive constable in the department.
Aspirants looking forward to joining the Police force of the country can also learn about the IPS Exam at the linked article. The Indian Police Service in its modern form came into being in 1948 when the British era Indian (Imperial) Police was replaced.
Online Application Process
The application for the Delhi police constable will be conducted online, where candidates would require to:
- Visit the website.
- Click on the “new registration” link.
- Create a password and registration ID.
- Fill out the application form and upload the necessary documents.
- Submit and download a copy for future reference.
Delhi Police Constable Exam Syllabus
The Delhi police constable exam news has stated that the examination pattern for the online test would include four distinct sections that candidates are required to answer. These sections are:
- General Knowledge and Current affairs
- Numerical Ability and
- Computer Fundamentals, MS Excel, etc.
These sections are crucial while preparing for the Delhi police constable exam since this online test carries 100 marks, and candidates are required to answer the paper within 90 minutes.
Delhi Police Constable Exam Syllabus
Some of the topics that the syllabus for each section includes are:
- For Reasoning, topics such as pattern distinction, visual memory, figural classification and so on are essential.
- For the General Knowledge and current affairs section, the topics include subjects like history, geography, culture, Indian economy, etc. This section also includes topics related to current international affairs.
- For the numerical ability section, the topics of the number system, computation, average, ratio and proportion, profit and loss, time and distance, etc., are important.
- Finally, for the computer fundamentals, candidates are asked questions related to MS Word, MS Excel, Word processing, Web browsers, etc.
Aspirants are required to keep this information in mind while preparing for the Delhi police constable exam in the upcoming year. Watch this place for the latest updates as well as the official website.
Candidates preparing for other government exams can get the Best Preparation Strategy for Competitive Exams at the linked article. For any further details, exam updates, study material or preparation tips, turn to BYJU’S for assistance.
|Other Related Links
|Government Exams after Class 12th
|Previous Year Government Exam Question Paper PDFs with Solutions
|10 Simple Maths Tricks and Shortcuts
|The Revolt of 1857
|Indian Polity Notes
|UPSC Preparation – Free IAS Prep
Frequently Asked Questions on Delhi Police Constable
What does the physical endurance test for males under 30 years in the Delhi Police constable recruitment?
For males up to 30 years, the activities include a 1600-meter race, 14 feet long jump, and 3 feet 9 inches high jump. The maximum time for the race is 6 minutes.
What is the marking scheme of the examination?
Candidates are marked based on the objective type paper, containing 100 questions. For each correct answer, a mark is awarded, but for every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted.
When will the admit cards for the examination be available?
No specific date is yet known for the availability of the admit cards. However, they have generally been released 15 days before the exam.