The Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC) has released the notification for its Probationary Officer (PO) post. A total of 75 vacancies have been announced for the ECGC PO recruitment exam.
The Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC) of India is a government owned company under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. It provides export credit insurance support to Indian exporters.
This article will give details about the ECGC PO Exam regarding parameters such as vacancy, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, eligibility, exam dates etc
Table of Contents:
- ECGC PO Vacancy
- ECGC PO Exam Pattern
- ECGC PO Syllabus
- ECGC PO Notification
- ECGC PO Eligibility
- ECGC PO Exam Dates
- ECGC PO Admit Card
- ECGC Cut-Off
ECGC PO Vacancy
The ECGC PO vacancy for 2022 is as follows:
|Vacancies arising upto 31.03.2022 which may vary as per requirements of the Company||11||09||13||07||34||74|
- The number of vacancies is tentative and subject to change at the sole discretion of theECGC Ltd
- If an ex-serviceman applies for various vacancies before joining any civil employment, he/she can avail of the benefit of reservation as ex- ex-serviceman for any subsequent employment.
- However, to avail of this benefit, an ex-serviceman as soon as he/she joins any civil employment
To know more in detail about the ECGC PO Vacancy, visit the linked article.
ECGC PO Exam Pattern
The details of the ECGC PO Exam Pattern is as follows:
|ECGC PO Exam Pattern 2022|
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||40 minutes|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||20||20||10 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 minutes|
After the objective test, there will be a descriptive test of 40 minutes. The descriptive test will contain 2 questions- Essay and Precis Writing for a total of 40 marks.
|Activity||No. of questions||Marks||Time allotted|
|Essay Writing||One out of two
|20||40 minutes for both questions together|
*Note: The Company has the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through its website. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the Company’swebsite www.ecgc.in
To know more in detail about the ECGC PO Exam Pattern visit the linked article.
ECGC PO Syllabus
The topics for the ECGC PO Syllabus are as follows:
|IDBI Executive Syllabus (2021-2022)|
To know more in detail about the ECGC PO Syllabus, visit the linked article.
ECGC PO Notification
The official ECGC PO notification is released on the ECGC website where candidates can download the notification and go through the eligibility details and important dates and then accordingly apply online for the exam.
There are certain things that a candidate needs to keep in consideration while he/she is going through the official notification:
- Check the eligibility criteria thoroughly and make sure that you apply for the exam only if you fulfil the eligibility
- Ensure that you complete the application process on or before the last date to apply online for the ECGC PO exam
- Go through the syllabus and exam pattern carefully and check for any changes or variations in the pattern of the examination
ECGC PO Eligibility
The ECGC PO Eligibility consists of the following:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
Please note that the eligibility criteria specified herein are the basic criteria for applying for the post. Candidates must necessarily produce the relevant documents in original and a photocopy in support of their identity and eligibility-pertaining to category, nationality, age, educational qualifications etc. as indicated in the online application form at the time of interview and any subsequent stage of the recruitment process.
The age limit for ECGC PO is as follows:
Age (as on 21.03.2022) Minimum: 21 years, Maximum – 30 years
i.e., A candidate must have been born not earlier than 22.03.1992 and not later than 21.03.2001 (both the dates inclusive)
The ECGC has permitted certain age limit relaxation for candidates belonging to different categories. The relaxation are as follows
|ECGC PO Upper Age Limit Relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as defined
under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act,
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including
Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short
Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who
have rendered at least 5 years military service and
have been released on completion of assignment
(including those whose assignment is due to be
completed within six months from the last date of
receipt of application) otherwise than by way of
dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or
inefficiency or physical disability attributable to
military service or invalidment
Note: The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on cumulative basis
- The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates and Economically Weaker (EWS) Category Candidates.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ along with photocopies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by ECGC Ltd.
- If an ex-serviceman applies for various vacancies before joining any civil employment, he/she can avail of the benefit of reservation as ex- serviceman for any subsequent employment.
- However, to avail of this benefit, an ex-serviceman as soon as he/she joins any civil employment, should give self-declaration/ undertaking to the concerned employer about date-wise details of application for various vacancies for which he/she had applied for before joining the initial civil employment.
- Further, this benefit would be available only in respect of vacancies which are filled on direct recruitment and wherever reservation is applicable to the ex-serviceman.
To know more about the educational and nationality criteria, be sure to visit the ECGC PO Eligibility page.
ECGC PO Exam Dates
The details of the ECGC PO Exam Dates for 2022 is as follows:
|ECGC PO Exam Pattern 2022|
|Online registration includingEdit/Modification of Application by candidates||21.03.2022 to 20.04.2022|
|Payment of application fee / intimation charges (online)||21.03.2022 to 20.04.2022|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Examination Training||25.04.2022 Onwards|
|Pre- Examination Training for SC/ST||First and second week of May, 2022|
|Download of call letters for Online written examination||First week of May, 2022 onwards|
|Online written Examination||29th May 2022|
|Declaration of result of Online Written Examination||Between 15th – 19th June, 2022|
|Interview||July /August 2022|
ECGC PO Admit Card
The ECGC PO Admit card will be released in the weeks before the actual date of the exam which is on 29th May 2022.
One of the most important documents required for appearing in the examination is the ECGC PO Admit Card 2022. Candidates who do not have their admit cards with them will not be allowed to take the exam. Keeping this in mind, candidates must remember to follow the basic steps when downloading the ECGC PO Interview Admit Card 2022.
Step 1: Go to the official website and look for a link to the ECGC PO Admit Card.
Step 2: Type in your registration number, also known as your roll number.
Step 3: Enter your password and date of birth.
Step 4: Click ‘Login’ after entering the captcha code.
Step 5: Get your ECGC PO Admit Card 2022 by downloading it.
Step 6: Double-check all of the important information on the ECGC PO Admit Card, such as your name, photograph, test location, and exam date.
Step 7: After you’ve double-checked everything, save the ECGC Probationary Officer admit card pdf and print it out.
To know more about ECC PO Admit Card, visit the linked article.
ECGC PO Cut-Off
The ECGC PO Cut-Off for 2022 will be released post the publication of the results. FOr now candidates can check the previous years cut offs to get a general idea of the cut offs.
|ECGC PO Cut Off 2021|
|Name Of The Section||ECGC PO Category wise Cut Off|
The cut-off for ECGC PO 2021 includes the descriptive paper of 40 marks. Thus the total marks are 240 and the cut-off mentioned is from 240.
|ECGC PO Overall Cut off (Out of 240)|
|ECGC PO Final Cut Off (Out of 200)|
|Category||RA(50)||EL(40)||CK(20)||GA(40)||QA(50)||DP(40)||Cut-offs (Objective and DP) (240)|
Frequently Asked Question about ECGC PO Exam
Is ECGC a govt job??
What is the ECGC syllabus?
Candidates can refer to the following links for more information on other insurance exams
|LIC Exams||LIC ADO|
|LIC HFL Recruitment||NIACL Exam|
|NIACL Assistant||NIACL AO|
|IRDA exam||NICL Notification|