The NCERT Solutions Class 4 EVS Chapter 24 tells very interesting facts about the currency of India. With questions related to relatives living in another country, this chapter contains a series of questions related to the notes and coins of India. Download the solutions PDF from the links given below.
Access NCERT Class 4 EVS Chapter 24 Home and Abroad Solutions
NCERT Textbook Page No.195
Discuss and write
1. You can also make a small report comparing Abu Dhabi with the place where you live. You can use some of the points mentioned below while writing the report. You can also draw pictures or put photographs.
(a) The climate and weather
(b) What people wear
(c) The trees and plants
(d) The kind of buildings
(e) The traffic on the roads (kinds of vehicles)
(f) The common food items
(g) The language
It should be done by the students.
2. Why do you think many trees cannot grow in desert areas?
Many trees cannot grow in desert areas, as there is a scarcity of water.
3. Do you have any relatives who live in another country?
Yes, one of my aunts lives in Australia.
NCERT Textbook Page No.196
4. How long have they lived there? Did they go there for studies or for work? Was there any other reason?
She has been living there for more than 40 years. She went there to do her master’s from a college and got a job with a good salary.
5. Look at these currency notes
Write the value of each note in the box near its picture.
NCERT Textbook Page No.197
6. To which country does this currency belong? How did you know?
This currency belongs to India. I knew it because the Reserve Bank of India is printed on them.
7. Whose picture can you see on the notes?
Mahatma Gandhi’s picture is printed on the notes.
8. Can you find any number on the notes (other than the value)?
Yes, I can find the serial number on the notes.
9. Do you think that two notes can have the same number?
No, two notes cannot have the same number.
10. Take a ten rupee note and observe it carefully. How many languages can you see on the note?
I can see 15 languages on the note.
11. Write the name of the bank given on the note.
The Reserve Bank of India is the name of the bank given on the note.
NCERT Textbook Page No.197
Match the coins
1. How many of these coins do you recognise?
I can recognise all the coins given in the picture.
NCERT Textbook Page No.198
2. What is written on each coin other than the value?
The name of the country, India, is written on each coin other than the value.
3. Look at these notes. Do they all belong to India? Put a circle around notes that are not Indian. Find out which country they belong to.
The following notes, which are circled, are not Indian:
The notes belong to the following countries: