The lithosphere is broken into a number of plates known as the Lithospheric plates. You will be surprised to know that these plates move around very slowly – just a few millimetres each year. The movement of these plates cause changes on the surface of the earth. Students can explore further about our changing Earth in Chapter 3 of CBSE Class 7 Geography. We have also compiled CBSE Class 7 Geography Chapter 3 Our Changing Earth Important Questions covering major concepts of the Chapter, for the students to answer while preparing for the exam. Practising these important questions will help the students to gain high scores.
Click on the link provided below in this article to download the PDF format of the CBSE Class 7 Social Science Important Questions from Chapter 3 Geography.
Our Changing Earth
1. What are lithospheric plates?
2. Define Endogenic forces and Exogenic forces.
3. What is a volcano?
4. Which are the three types of Earthquake waves?
5. Why do the plates move?
6. What is erosion?
7. How are flood plains formed?
8. What are sand dunes?
9. How are the beaches formed?
10. What are ox bow lakes?
11. The depositional feature of a glacier is Moraine. True or False?
12. Some rocks have the shape of a mushroom. Give reasons.
13. Flood plains are very fertile. Explain.
14. Sea caves are turned into stacks. Justify.
15. Buildings collapse due to earthquakes. Give reasons.
16. How does man cause the Earthquake?
17. What are the two types of tectonic movement?
18. Which are the few rivers of the world that form a delta?
19. Define distributaries.
20. Explain how glacial moraines are formed.