The environment is our basic life support system. It provides the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat and the land where we live. Students can learn more about the environment from Chapter 1 of CBSE Class 7 Geography. Students can also answer these CBSE Class 7 Geography Chapter 1 Environment Important Questions to prepare most competently for the exam. Students also use these important questions to revise the entire concepts of the Chapter thoroughly.
We have listed the questions below in this article. Students can also click on the link provided to download the PDF version of the CBSE Class 7 Geography Important Questions from Chapter 1.
Download CBSE Class 7 Geography Chapter 1 Environment Important Questions PDF
1. What is the environment?
2. Define the terms biotic and abiotic.
3. What is an ecosystem?
4. When is the world environment day celebrated?
5. What is the barter system?
6. What do you mean by natural environment?
7. Which are the major components of the environment?
8. Give four examples of the human-made environment.
9. What is lithosphere?
10. Which are the two major components of the biotic environment?
11. What is biosphere?
12. The aquarium is not a natural ecosystem. True or false?
13. Man modifies his environment. Give reasons.
14. Plants and animals depend on each other. Justify with reason.
15. Define the atmosphere. What is the significance of the atmosphere?
16. Define hydrosphere. What does it comprise?
17. Describe the impact of human activity on the natural environment.
18. Give a reason why Earth is the home of human beings and other organisms.
19. Do plants take nitrogen directly from the air?
20. Name the gases that are found in lesser quantities in the atmosphere.
21. Which of these are not a threat to the environment?
(a) Growing population
(b) Growing plants
(c) Growing industries
(d) All of these
22. The World Environment Day is celebrated on _____every year.
(a) 25 December
(b) 23 June
(c) 26 January
(d) 5 June