It is difficult for anyone to live in places where there is no water to drink, where there is no grass for their cattle to feed on and where there is no water to help the crops to grow. Students get to learn about places in the world where people have learned to cope with extremely harsh temperatures; in some places as hot as fire and some as cold as ice from Chapter 9 of CBSE Class 7 Geography. These lands are the desert areas of the world. We have also provided the list of CBSE Class 7 Geography Chapter 9 Life in the Deserts Important Questions for the students to answer and prepare for the exams. Practising these important questions will help them to gain high scores.
Please find the link below in this article to access the PDF version of the CBSE Important Questions of Class 7 Geography Chapter 9. Students can get these questions and start studying for the final exams.
Life in the Deserts
1. What is a desert?
2. How is the climate of the desert?
3. How and where are depressions formed?
4. Ladakh is also known as _____________ which means ___ _______.
5. Describe the flora and fauna of Ladakh.
6. Name the 4 passes through which the Manali – Leh highway cross.
7. What are the two types of deserts found in the world?
8. In which continent is the Sahara desert located?
9. What are the climatic conditions of the Ladakh desert?
10. What mainly attracts tourists to Ladakh?
11. What type of clothes do the people of the Sahara desert wear?
12. The Ladakh desert is mainly inhabited by Christians and Buddhists. True or False?
13. There is scanty vegetation in the deserts. Give reasons.
14. People of the Sahara desert wear heavy robes. Justify.
15. What are the types of animals and plants found in the hot Sahara desert region?
16. Mention the main tourist attractions of Ladakh.
17. Which are the famous monasteries in Ladakh? Name them.
18. Tafilalet oasis in____________is a large oasis with an area of about 13000 sq.km.
19. The famous Atacama desert is in Africa. True or False?
20. The national highway 1A connects Leh to Kashmir valley through the___________pass.
21. What is the lowest temperature recorded during winter in North America?
(a) 20° C
(b) -20° C
(c) 10° C
(d) -10° C
22. Which are the important cities in the American Prairies?
(d) All of these